Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Monday night plan

Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Edited By Nate

I'm going to start blogging my plans for Dark Souls once in a while just so that I can stay focused and spend time on areas I can make most progress. This is mostly for my own benefit, but feel free to comment. I'm not very far yet, and I'm not very good :)

My main character is a Wanderer, currently about level 15, with the basic wanderer armor except for leather armor on torso. Currently using a spear +1, short sword (but mostly the spear) and a hollow warriors shield (I think that's what it's called- the big dull brownish greyish one).

So - Monday night plans:

- Go to the bottom of the tower I just unlocked near Solaire of Astora (the first place you meet him). I think that's the undead burg. I unlocked this tower (can't remember where I got the key), and ran down to the bottom. This area was a really neat burning, boarded up, and chaotic city street. I killed a bunch of zombie attack dogs, and torch zombies, but those undead thieves worked me over. Must go back for revenge and find out if I missed any goodies.

- Go for the Bell Gargoyles. I manged to figure out how to summon Solaire of Astora to help and it went better the one time I tried, but still died. I think my problem is I have to keep a better distance and just run away when they both get too close. One up close I can manage, but when they cluster up I just need to get out of there.

Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Nate

I'm going to start blogging my plans for Dark Souls once in a while just so that I can stay focused and spend time on areas I can make most progress. This is mostly for my own benefit, but feel free to comment. I'm not very far yet, and I'm not very good :)

My main character is a Wanderer, currently about level 15, with the basic wanderer armor except for leather armor on torso. Currently using a spear +1, short sword (but mostly the spear) and a hollow warriors shield (I think that's what it's called- the big dull brownish greyish one).

So - Monday night plans:

- Go to the bottom of the tower I just unlocked near Solaire of Astora (the first place you meet him). I think that's the undead burg. I unlocked this tower (can't remember where I got the key), and ran down to the bottom. This area was a really neat burning, boarded up, and chaotic city street. I killed a bunch of zombie attack dogs, and torch zombies, but those undead thieves worked me over. Must go back for revenge and find out if I missed any goodies.

- Go for the Bell Gargoyles. I manged to figure out how to summon Solaire of Astora to help and it went better the one time I tried, but still died. I think my problem is I have to keep a better distance and just run away when they both get too close. One up close I can manage, but when they cluster up I just need to get out of there.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By kingzetta

no plan outlasts contact with the enemy

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hooded

@Nate said:

This is mostly for my own benefit, but feel free to comment. I'm not very far yet, and I'm not very good :)

So do you want us to leave tips? Example: Get ____ before you go ____ so you can get _____ ? Or would that just spoil your playthrough for you?

Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Nate

@Hooded: Sure you can leave some tips. If it gets too detailed I'll let you know to stop pestering me, but if there's a weapon or ring you know of that would help of if you want to tell me "don't use that shield you idiot!" that would be fine. Second thought, don't call me an idiot. But yeah, suggestions welcomed :)

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hooded

Okay cool, buy the residential key from the merch in Burg (under 2 spear guys) it can unlock a door in lower burg. Behind it is a friendly NPC :)

illegalnull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By illegalnull

Here's a tip for the Bell Gargoyles, use some of that Sticky Pine Resin stuff to give you right-hand weapon a lightning attack. I got wiped about 4 times by them then I tried the lightning and beat them down first try! Good luck!

Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Nate

@illegalnull said:

Here's a tip for the Bell Gargoyles, use some of that Sticky Pine Resin stuff to give you right-hand weapon a lightning attack. I got wiped about 4 times by them then I tried the lightning and beat them down first try! Good luck!

Thanks, I beat him with the help of Solaire. I'll have to remember the pine resin for future encounters. About how long does it last?

@Hooded: Cool. I got to that door, but I'll have to buy the key when I play tonight. I think I remember seeing that from the merchant for 1000.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.