Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Most annoying/difficult boss for you (so far)

wealllikepie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By wealllikepie

I still haven't finished the game, and I'm sure most people haven't, but I'm still curious who was the most difficult boss for you. I just downed the Carpa Demon and I would say he was the most difficult for me so far. Not even the demon itself but its MOTHERFUCKING CHEAPASS DOGS >:( once I got rid of them exploiting the staircase to kill him was easy but still, toughest boss fight for me so far.

James5955

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By James5955

I guess Sif the wolf. He was a pain when I wasn't prepared, however I avoided him for awhile and went back and completely dominated him easily with my new soul spells and high INT. Smouth & the dragon slayer probably would be it instead of Sif, however I had the help of two phantoms and we completely obliterated them.

bigdaddy81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By bigdaddy81

@wealllikepie said:

I still haven't finished the game, and I'm sure most people haven't, but I'm still curious who was the most difficult boss for you. I just downed the Carpa Demon and I would say he was the most difficult for me so far. Not even the demon itself but its MOTHERFUCKING CHEAPASS DOGS >:( once I got rid of them exploiting the staircase to kill him was easy but still, toughest boss fight for me so far.

I'm with you on that one. I lost a bunch of souls and good chunk of humanity to that guy. I let myself get summoned into someone else's game to take that thing on so I could get a lay of the land and a chance to see how that thing fights, since I usually got killed quickly or was too busy panic attacking the dogs to take notice of anything else. Of course when I made myself human, nobody was available for summoning so I had to fight him by myself. Took a few tries but I eventually got him. I was kinda surprised I did it considering how pissed off I was at the time.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Humanity

So far Capra Demon. That boss fight was annoying as hell mostly because of the cheese tactics they employ against you rather than difficulty.

Best part was that I ran past the last few assassins and dogs to get to the white light barrier, so when the fight ended and I relaxed, 3 assassins and 2 dogs ran straight into that tiny room.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong
    @Humanity: Oh shit, that sounds like a pain!
    "fuck yeah Capra, who's boss now!" *gets fucking mangled by the reinforcements.

I'd have to say Capra so far too, and he was only annoying because of his dogs, you have no time to react and one wrong roll and you're cornered.
    Gargoyles were nasty because there were two of em in the end, but Taurus, Gaping Dragon and the Butterfly weren't that hard.

I'm quite sure there's harder stuff to come and I can't wait!
    Thor_Molecules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Thor_Molecules

So far, I only found the Capra demon to be really annoying.

The first 3 seconds after entering that fog gate decides whether you kill him or not. If you get hit once and stagger, you are done for, and have to corpse run. The boss wasn't difficult itself, but the room was just too tiny.

I ended up smacking his ass with 2 other summoned players though.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Chop

Ornstein & Smough

They were the only boss that gave me a tough time. Bed of Chaos was also annoying, but for completely different and not difficulty related reasons.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Humanity

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

@Humanity: Oh shit, that sounds like a pain! "fuck yeah Capra, who's boss now!" *gets fucking mangled by the reinforcements. I'd have to say Capra so far too, and he was only annoying because of his dogs, you have no time to react and one wrong roll and you're cornered.Gargoyles were nasty because there were two of em in the end, but Taurus, Gaping Dragon and the Butterfly weren't that hard. I'm quite sure there's harder stuff to come and I can't wait!

Yah I was down to half health with one flask and I was like WOAH what is THIS bullshit! Then I remembered running past them and grudgingly killed all those oh-so-meek in comparison npcs

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By white

To those who said Capra;

Try fighting CapraS. And they respawn =3

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Tennmuerti

So far I died the most to the Stray Demon that's in the asylum when you return.
    1 mistake and you die, probably tried killing him20+ times before succeeding, and fucker only dropped a titanite slab.

MrCandleguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By MrCandleguy

the bell dragons, spent 3 and a half hours on those fuckers.

Had the help of a guy from the Knight of the suns or something covenant, his name was Knight Solaire or something. So that was cool

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Humanity

@MrCandleguy said:

the bell dragons, spent 3 and a half hours on those fuckers.

Had the help of a guy from the Knight of the suns or something covenant, his name was Knight Solaire or something. So that was cool

I didn't summon him and now I think I broke his path through the game :-\

MrMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MrMuscle

For me it would have to be Ceasless Discharge. Died a ton of times on him untill i figured out the trick to kill him. Then i did so without loosing any health.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @White said:

To those who said Capra;

The issue with the first Capra demon is that you first met him at relatively low lvl, in very tight quarters and the 2 dogs can keep interrupting you and sandwithing you. That's why he is so problematic on first encounter.
    MrMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MrMuscle

@White said:

To those who said Capra;

Oh yeah! I thought those things after Ceasless looked familiar!

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@Tennmuerti said:

@White said:

To those who said Capra;

The issue with the first Capra demon is that you first met him at relatively low lvl, in very tight quarters and the 2 dogs can keep interrupting you and sandwithing you. That's why he is so problematic on first encounter.

Yeah, if you manage to survive the first 15 seconds of that battle and kill the dogs, you can pretty easily finish off the Capra Demon himself.

Timing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#17  Edited By Timing

Trying to beat the Four Kings in New Game + at a hardly higher level than I was when I beat them the first time... is kind of a pain.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By FluxWaveZ

The Capra demon because it was too close quarters. I barely have any problems with bosses where there's a lot of space to fight, but I couldn't do much against the Capra demon who just rushes you as soon as you enter the place.

Nekromantix87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Nekromantix87

Ornstein and Smough are beginning to drive me insane. Had been killing Smough first because he's way easier to damage, but Ornstein is a douchebag afterward if I do that. First attempt I killed Smough and got Orstein down to 20% ish. Every attempt after that has been absolute failure compared to my first run.

So I decided to kill Ornstein first and fight Smough second. Seemed easy enough until Smough started spamming his jump attack. Every single time he does that in the second half of the battle, I start back pedaling and lose lock-on, which results in instant death because it swings me around and gives my back.

No good is coming out of my attempting this more right now. My frustration is making me sloppy, and I'm not even reaching the boss with all five flasks now.

At least I found a silver knight spear on my numerous runs back. It seems like it'll be decent enough once I can upgrade it with a few twinkling titanite shards.

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20  Edited By YI_Orange

Last boss. Fuck that guy. I've never been so pissed at a videogame.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SuperWristBands

Ornstein. Dude calls in his Megazord against an aprox. 6 foot tall opponent. Pretty sure that is not fair.

Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Nadril
    @Nekromantix87 said:

Ornstein and Smough are beginning to drive me insane. Had been killing Smough first because he's way easier to damage, but Ornstein is a douchebag afterward if I do that. First attempt I killed Smough and got Orstein down to 20% ish. Every attempt after that has been absolute failure compared to my first run.

So I decided to kill Ornstein first and fight Smough second. Seemed easy enough until Smough started spamming his jump attack. Every single time he does that in the second half of the battle, I start back pedaling and lose lock-on, which results in instant death because it swings me around and gives my back.

No good is coming out of my attempting this more right now. My frustration is making me sloppy, and I'm not even reaching the boss with all five flasks now.

At least I found a silver knight spear on my numerous runs back. It seems like it'll be decent enough once I can upgrade it with a few twinkling titanite shards.

I was stuck on that boss for a long time. Finally went human and summoned the NPC. (near stairs) and then also summoned another player. Made the fight a lot more managable. 
    SirDancelot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SirDancelot

I think I had the most difficulty with the Taurus demon, since I was still so new to the mechanics, and the bonfire was pretty far away from the bastard. I remember losing substantial amounts of souls at the time to him, but I did have the run up to his arena down after several infuriating hours.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
    deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gargoyles

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25  Edited By Seppli

Ceaseless Discharge - what a cheesebag. Apparently there's a bug which can be exploited. I however did not (know). His attacks cannot be blocked and camera is fucking horrid for that fight, so evading often is a game of chance. Took me 3 hours to kill him last night. Dark Souls is starting to go from exciting to ruining my mood.

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Joeyoe31

Until I got the drake sword I hated the Gargoyles. But that's because fights like the Maneaters were my least favorite in Demon's Souls. Same concept still. Two dudes on a tight confined area that if you're not so lucky you'll get hit off of.

NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By NekuCTR

@MrMuscle said:

For me it would have to be Ceasless Discharge. Died a ton of times on him untill i figured out the trick to kill him. Then i did so without loosing any health.

This. gimmick fights are so lame, they punish you for not doing it the way they want you to.

proflate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By proflate

Seath. It's Capra Demon 2.0. Fairly small arena because he's so gigantic, he can curse you easily and his other attacks one shot you. Also, to make it that much easier, the camera glitches out and locks to the floor most of the time. Yeah that's real fun.

seakae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#29  Edited By seakae

Still haven't beaten the Capra demon and his two bitches. Trying to run around and find humanity, sos I can bring a couple dudes with me, but it's not working out. Tried being the summoned phantom, but no one was pulling me into their world. Getting a bit annoyed with it all.

FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By FateOfNever

So far, probably the Stray Demon. Mostly just because you can't really screw up during that fight it seems or you die. But, it's about time I fought a boss that felt really challenging again. Capra Demon was really just bad the first time I fought him because I had no time to figure out what was even going on before I died to his jumping in attack, after I learned the first time that you can't block that, it wasn't too bad. Everything else has been really pretty easy.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AlKusanagi

I'm completely stuck on Ornstein & Smough. Been at it for 3 hours and only got one down twice. They just will not seperate, The small one walks and the fat one runs the whole time. I used my next to last humanity to summon both Solaire and managed to get a player, and we got the fat one down, only to be one shot by the other's AOE lighting attack.

the_red_mage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32  Edited By the_red_mage

I just killed the gaping dragon and every boss that I've encounter up to this point was pretty easy (two/three attempts tll glorious victory) ... but you know who really annoys me "Havel the Rock" I' ve tried to kill this fu** 10+ times by now and damn ... he drives me insane. I always die in one hit just before he does.

Nekromantix87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Nekromantix87

I DID IT!

I finally killed Ornstein and Smough. Everything was going perfect for most the fight. Of course, it almost blew up in my face in a second. I reached the boss fight with all five flasks. Fatty went down without taking any damage. I then whittled down Ornstein to around 30% with all five flasks remaining. I assumed Ornstein was going to end a couple combos early, which he didn't, and took massive damage a few times. Around 10%, I had one flask left.

I'm drained.

mattbodega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34  Edited By mattbodega

Definitely Ornstein and Smough. Managed to finally kill the boss on Sunday, only to have a total mental breakdown that prevented me from playing any other level. My brain was just no good no more.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TheGreatGuero

@MrMuscle said:

Did you use that trick IGN posted?

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
    SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#36  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

Ornstein and Smough definitely.

It doesn't help that assholes invade there ALL THE TIME, so trying to get a phantom is nearly impossible with the giants.

Topsdrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Topsdrop

I feel a bit cheated out of the Ornstein and Smough battle. The first time I went to Anor Londo I summoned some amazing japanese guy who walked me through the whole level and showed me all the loot, then proceeded to beat both bosses single handedly while I flailed around and chugged Estus. That's the only level I never died in at all.

hungrynun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By hungrynun

It's gotta be Gwyn.

Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Sanious

@FateOfNever said:

So far, probably the Stray Demon.

Yep. The sense of accomplishment after beating this Boss was pretty friggin great.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

I'm in Anor Lando and I still think the first Capra demon is a complete fucking bitch.

DanteFaustEsq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By DanteFaustEsq
    @Chop: I agree I'm dealing with them right now and honestly I'm going to have to run and find some humanity so I can summon that sol knight for this fight they're way too much for me to deal with alone right now.
    rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42  Edited By rjaylee

I guess I was the only person who had a lot of trouble fighting Lautrec in Anor Londo. Don't really know why, but that fight was a real pain and took me a lot of retries. Ornstein and Smough were tough no doubt, but it just required a little more patience. Just FYI, I was using a knight melee build, with just a few points into faith so I could use some healing spells.

musclerider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43  Edited By musclerider

Ornstein is such a fucking punk.

Everything with a grab attack can go die in a fire. Like seriously. Getting one-hitted from full health kinda sucks.

MrMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MrMuscle

@TheGreatGuero said:

@MrMuscle said:

Did you use that trick IGN posted?

I had to google it to see how they did it and MAN haha, that was just silly. But no, i didnt do it that way. I used the litte safespot in between the rocks. The guy here figured it out too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.