Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Patch 1.04 is coming, Fog Ring tweaks, Magic Shield bug fixed.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Doctorchimp

http://darksouls.fromsoftware.jp/online/

- Fixed cases of the major improvements -some magic · review of the effect
    of magic shield · strong magic shield
    · History of the Peace moderate
    fog, etc. · Ring
    · use infinite magic and item
    attributes for the weapon · review of the balance of the weapon skills
    • Conditional matching adjustments
    , such as trouble reading maps at switching ·
    Improved ※ The details of the items will be announced at a later date.

That was what Google Chrome spit out for me.

Review of "balance of the weapon skills" sounds promising to anyone complaining about lightning weapons.

I have to admit, I was a bit surprised. I really thought they were going to let everything slide.

CJduke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By CJduke

I wish they would patch the multiplayer. The connection is horrible, half the time you can't summon anyone. I have been trying countless times to invade someone as part of a covenant and it just won't let me.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Doctorchimp

@CJduke said:

I wish they would patch the multiplayer. The connection is horrible, half the time you can't summon anyone. I have been trying countless times to invade someone as part of a covenant and it just won't let me.

Yeah they said they were fixing the matching requirements.

But where do you live and how's your internet?

I really don't have any problems and I routinely get tons of japanese players even.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Yep, I bet Ring of Fog's getting nerfed. Nice of them to still be working on the game. I also thought that they would just leave it alone.

Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Nadril

Oh man that is so good. There might be some hope for my character after all. 

And fog ring getting nerfed? thank fucking jesus holy shit. 

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By envane

hehe i better get my test pvp builds finished with the ininite soulglitch finished , incase they fix that

gonna pump up a bunch of different builds and run some numbers

great to see they are fixing magic shield bug .. thats horible ..

as for the fog ring its really easy to deal with unless the player is actually skilled , 9/10 fog ring users i see forget about the reach of some weapons and make easy pickings as they feebly try to backstab you just to walk into your weapon arc every time , even if im slowed , the heavy 2 handed attack on great scythes makes closing into attack range easy with its forward dash , and if you perform it at a 90 degree angle to your attacker as he is going in for the backstab , the dash will put you infront of them or beside them and hit them too , still looking for a weapon with a 360 degree rising attack like the meat cleaver had if i recall .

heartlessomen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By heartlessomen

idk if this has been said anywhere but, are they planning any DLC for the game? it'd be sweet to see some post endgame content with new equip/bosses.

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Glad they're patching some of this stuff, hope they do something about the overpowered lightning (or the underpowered everything compared to lightning besides certain +15 weapons). I'll definitely be doing a replay/NG+ of this in the future so looking forward to it being a little less broke!

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SuperWristBands

I don't really understand what all of that is saying, but I am going to assume that they are balancing the weapons so that, hopefully, non-elemental weapons have higher scaling. (I hope they do not nerf elemental weapons while leaving the other weapons as is, that would be a bitch).

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to be real bummed if lightning weapons go to shit. I just spent yet another 50k souls or so to get the Iaito (excuse me if that is misspelled) up to lightning. If they do heavily nerf lightning weapons, I hope they at least leave Quelaag's Furysword alone.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By cornbredx

If I read that right it says conditional matching adjustments. Maybe that pertains to the connection issues? I dont know just a guess.

This article I read here which is getting its info from Neogaf seems to suggest tis true so thats pretty cool =)

RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The unlimited uses of magic and items - does this mean they are fixing the unlimited souls glitch? Because that's what does it right -- using a soul (item) to gain souls infinitely?

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By envane

@heartlessomen: i dunno if they are capable of that with the game engine , id personally love to see some new or remixed areas , mabye an alternate storyline ( true final boss pygmy or some shit ) or extra covenants or co-op featues , as there are alot of pvp modes but only 1 co-op , .. how they would feasibly do this , given the fact that alot of content in demons souls was broken until many patches later , and will probably be the case with dark souls ,

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By AlKusanagi

If you're talking about the dragon head item trick, I don't think it gives you "infinite" souls. From what I've seen, using the item drains your endurance meter and you only gain souls while that's happening. Looks like you can get a buttload of souls that way, but not an unlimited number.

RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AlKusanagi: I don't know, I saw a youtube video using the dragon head thing, and he was going in ultra-fast motion for a LONG time and had millions and millions of souls.

Here it is. He gets up to 100 million before he stops (seemingly by choice).

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By shirogane

I sure hope the patch fixes some of the item descriptions in the english version too. And some of the loading screen descriptions. They are so wrong, so very wrong.

Mechwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Mechwing

the infinite souls works if you have an item that replanishes stamnia. u just like tape the square button and it can go forever.. its sorta game breaking, thou atleast you can't dupe shards and stuff.

RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mechwing said:

the infinite souls works if you have an item that replanishes stamnia. u just like tape the square button and it can go forever.. its sorta game breaking, thou atleast you can't dupe shards and stuff.

Ah, ok, so that's why he was able to do it. I'll be glad when it's gone (if that is what they're referring to), I've been tempted to try it now and then and realllly don't want to.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By McShank

@xobballox: I did it on a character just so i can wear the armor and weapons that i wanted. Stopped leveling once i got them on and could roll fine without having both rings as equip. Honestly its only fun to use if you just want to use it for certain things and not Max everything out so there is no point to playing. After i beat the game with the character i used it on, i dont think ill use it on another as it was more of a way to see what everything was like in terms of armor and weapon combinations (Havel's shield is a beast, but 50str and 26 pounds is stupid)

RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@McShank said:

@xobballox: I did it on a character just so i can wear the armor and weapons that i wanted. Stopped leveling once i got them on and could roll fine without having both rings as equip. Honestly its only fun to use if you just want to use it for certain things and not Max everything out so there is no point to playing. After i beat the game with the character i used it on, i dont think ill use it on another as it was more of a way to see what everything was like in terms of armor and weapon combinations (Havel's shield is a beast, but 50str and 26 pounds is stupid)

That's the reason I've been so tempted :( I definitely don't want to max everything out with it, that would be boring. However I've decided for sure that I will stay "legit" as they say.

Kazzurak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Kazzurak

@FluxWaveZ said:

Yep, I bet Ring of Fog's getting nerfed. Nice of them to still be working on the game. I also thought that they would just leave it alone.

When they release the patch you realize theyre buffing the Ring of Fog 100% invisible still untargetable :O

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By shirogane

@Kazzurak said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

When they release the patch you realize theyre buffing the Ring of Fog 100% invisible still untargetable :O

Also now increases crit damage.

Timing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#23  Edited By Timing

@xobballox: Ah, so that's the 'gesture' I've been seeing ghosts do at Bonfires. Heh, that's pretty funny, though I wouldn't use it.

Also yeah, that Fog Ring could use some nerfing. If they just made it so you can target people wearing it that would be fine, because right now you're practically required to put it on yourself if you see anyone else wearing it so as to not get backstabbed into oblivion. And the Magic Shield could use some work too.

Bojangle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24  Edited By Bojangle

Would be nice if they could fix the god awful frame rate drops in Blighttown and other places.

mitter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By mitter

Does anybody know the patch will be released? Depending on how they change the lightning weapons I'll craft my claymore in another direction...

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#26  Edited By Humanity

@heartlessomen said:

idk if this has been said anywhere but, are they planning any DLC for the game? it'd be sweet to see some post endgame content with new equip/bosses.

Demons Souls never got any DLC and it literally had one land that is mentioned in the intro, has a broken archstone (portal) and looked like it was literally setup to be a DLC area.

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By white
    1. Not gonna patch it. Love exploiting the game so far.
    2. If I'm gonna patch it, it'd better fix the online and I'll get infinite souls to make my toon max stats and get all the trophies first.

Hmm... Decisions...

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MezZa

That's good news. Hopefully they can make scaling weapons better without completely fucking up lightning weapons.

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#29  Edited By MikeFightNight

@McShank said:

I dunno I think that those are reasonable expectations for a shield that lets you tank your way through every boss encounter. My whole goal was to work up my character so she could wield Havel's +5 Shield with the Zwhiehander +15, a backup rapier and some light armour ( SIlver Knight chest and hands, painting guardian legs, and a hood) while still be below half of max equip load. I have to wear Ring of favour and protection and Havels Ring to achieve this, but it's totally worth it. I also just made a maxed out fire Claymore and to see that does does more damage than my +15 Zwhiehander is kind of dumb. Also made Pricella's sycthe maxed out and it does 200 less damage than both those weapons, also kind of dumb.

SirDancelot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SirDancelot

@xobballox: That's exactly why I did it with my first character, just wanted to have the STR and END to manage my heavy armor and Havel's Shield without Havel's Ring always on. I didn't overdo it though, and its really just a short cut to excessive forest grinding or late game area farming.

Avatar image for cletusthefoetus
    CletusTheFoetus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By CletusTheFoetus

I wish the dragon sword wasn't that accessible at the start of the game cos it's all I use. If I switch I feel uber weak.

mitter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By mitter

@CletusTheFoetus: I had kind of the same feeling, but you won't use it that long. As soon as you can upgrade your standard-weapons they'll be way better.

renmckormack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By renmckormack

Has anyone had the game lock up on them?I am wondering whether it is a n issue with the software of my PS3 but I had the game freeze and lock up generally when entering a new area.

bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#34  Edited By bkbroiler

You guys think this patch will be coming to the 360 version? I'm worried From will not bother trying to get it through Microsoft and will only release it on PS3.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d8bd173e1e3b
    deactivated-5d8bd173e1e3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bkbroiler said:

You guys think this patch will be coming to the 360 version? I'm worried From will not bother trying to get it through Microsoft and will only release it on PS3.

this is one reason why next gen console i'll be buying a Playstation. I love my 360 but it's patching MS bs is redic. Hopefully we will get these fixes too!

Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Nadril

Any word at all when this is coming? Would really love to know what direction I should take a pvp character. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.