Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Simple question about the Dark Wood Grain Ring

mithical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By mithical

So the Dark Wood Grain Ring lets you do ninja flips and lets you act as if you have <25% equip load as long as you're under <50%. A lot of people seem to use it for PvP, which I am starting to get into, but above all it is cool and I want it.

So I check the Dark Souls wiki and it says it is dropped by Shiva's bodyguard. I have looked around both the forest and the spot Shiva hangs out in Blighttown and I have not seen any bodyguard. He is apparently a ninja.. is he just hard to spot? Does he appear if I attack Shiva? Is the information wrong? Halp.

Ktargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Ktargo

I can't say about where he might be in Darkroot Garden (probably hanging out somewhere nearby Shiva) but I found him in Blighttown right behind the wall Shiva is leaning on. You don't need to attack Shiva for him to appear. He is kind of hard to see since he's slightly invisible like the guys in the forest. Shiva will become hostile if you kill his bodyguard but it might be possible to run away from him. Either way it is considered breaking the covenant if you kill him, so you'll get kicked out of the Forest Hunters.

slantedwindows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By slantedwindows

he is hard to spot because he is wearing a fog ring. he is behind shiva and is very close to the edge of a cliff. it is very easy to kick him off accidentally (or on purpose). if this happens, quit and reload your game and the ring will be there. as will shiva, who will try to put his sword in your ass.

mithical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By mithical

Cool, got the ring, thanks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.