Logging into Steam each day and seeing the pre-order screen for Dark souls, as well as watching the Let's Play by GeoP on Something Awful has re-surface the itch to play this game. I have already gone through it and platinumed it so now I am looking for a challenge to test my skills.
I am still trying to suss out the ground rules I am going to work with. My initial thought was to go with
- No leveling (remain at SL5 which is the start for Thief)
- Only allowed to change armour to Shadow gear (though I might just say starting gear only)
- Must use starting weapon (upgrades allowed)
- No restriction on rings (including DWGR just because I have not got that ring yet and I want to play around with it)
- No upgrading weapon to fire or lightning type (undecided on allowing temp coatings like gold pine resin)
- No magic/pyromancy
Anyone done something similar with a thief? I know there are a lot of SL1 runs with a Pyromancer but I am tired of using Pyro all the time and want to see how I can manage with just my melee ability. I am really looking forward to improving my parry/riposte skills. Anyone have any input on further restrictions or changes to the rules? Anyone else doing something similar?