Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Undead Parish Demon Bull and other Enemy Strategy

R_Coles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By R_Coles

Something I found extremely usefull in the undead parish to defeat both the demon bull and other tough enemies in the area is to stay close to the bonfires that are darted around the undead parish entry. Just keep your enemies on the other side of the bonfire and when they try to attack you they will burn themselves to death. Rinse and repeat.

mason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By mason

You mean the armored boar? I also found making him charge into the fire quite effective, but I thought I was supposed to get a cool helmet for killing the boar this way. Instead I got zilch.

Anyone know what I was supposed to do? Should I have been in human form? Or is it random whether it drops or not?

CJduke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By CJduke

I don't know, I choose to kill him by climbing up onto the walkway above him where the archers are and shooting him with arrows. If you shoot him in the back he dies pretty quickly

mason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By mason

I think I was steered wrong. I heard you had to impale him on a the spikes sticking out of the fire to get the helmet. Did not happen.

Now it seems like you apparently have to keep hitting him in the head for the boar to drop a helmet. Makes sense. Cutting off a tail or other part of the body is how you get many minibosses/bosses to drop unique equipment.

Oh well. Hopefully I'll see another boar later in the game.

R_Coles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By R_Coles

@mason said:

You mean the armored boar? I also found making him charge into the fire quite effective, but I thought I was supposed to get a cool helmet for killing the boar this way. Instead I got zilch.

Anyone know what I was supposed to do? Should I have been in human form? Or is it random whether it drops or not?

Yep, armored boar, thats it. This technique also works on the knights shortly beyond this area, the ones that are really fast and constantly parry.

fireb0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By fireb0x

When you first enter the courtyard area from the stairs, you come out into a little canal area deal with a closed gate to the left and the courtyard to the right.

You take a right up a set of stairs and then you are standing under an archway looking into the boar courtyard.

If you pull the boar with an arrow from here, he charges and ALWAYS stops shorts on the steps just behind you. Shot him with an arrow, run backward to the bottom of the steps and he will stop just short with a headcharge/slide attack. Then he turns around to head back. You can hit him in the back a few times when he turns around and when you do, he will turn again, charge to the bottom of that first staircase, and then turn around and his ripe for hitting again. You can down him pretty quickly like this. but note that you can also hit him on the head right when he finishes his charge/animation.

If you DO kill him via the head, you get a special boars helmet that is pretty sweet. This works much like the tails in the game, where chopping off a tail gives you a special sword, etc. Killing the boar by chopping off his head gives you this helmet.

Rayeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Rayeth

I rolled a Pyromancer and killed the boar by standing on the bridge above and just threw fireballs at his face. Killed him easily and got the helmet. Yeah I had to use most of my 8 fireballs, but that helm is quite a bit better than my regular hood.

musclerider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By musclerider

@CJduke said:

I don't know, I choose to kill him by climbing up onto the walkway above him where the archers are and shooting him with arrows. If you shoot him in the back he dies pretty quickly

I did the same thing. It was so easy it felt like cheating.

Servbot_2021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Servbot_2021

I think using firebombs gets you the helmet.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.