Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darkfall

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jul 13, 2009

A fantasy MMORPG featuring first-person combat and skill-based character development.

News

Avatar image for gelatinousgelboy
    Gelatinousgelboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Gelatinousgelboy

Athens Event

On Thursday the 16th, as part of the Technology Week in Athens, Greece, the Darkfall devs hosted a presentation of the game.

A rough translation of a short review of the event:

• Well guys just come from, the first substantial presentation of the world live Darkfall Online, in Gkazi I want to say that the videos have emerged which does not flatter the game-we saw the game live (in beta server with a little world of course), and is much more polished graphics.

A more in-depth summary with pictures and good news by Shaar:

• Ok I guess you’ve all waited long enough for a little something. Not enough time for more right now but a video and some more pics will be made available as soon as I can unload it all from my dv camera…
    The event was great, about 120 people watched the presentation although at first Tasos feared there would not be many people because of the day an hour it took place. The game was there, running live, over the internet and not some offline version. Performance is great although I don't know what kind of machine they were running it on and it was running for a good hour I think without crashing, glitching or showing any other problems. Right at the end of the presentation the game seemed to crash to the desktop and everyone when uh-oh. But the message that poped up was that the connection to the server had been lost… Greek internet connections ftw.
    The big news that I was told I can share with the community is that OPEN beta will be FINISHED by the start of December and release will follow soon after. So… stay on your toes.
    Here are some pics
    Tasos and Kjetil getting everything ready The short one is me keeping my eyes on the monitor the game is running on.
    Some of the Developers (only the third woman from the left is a dev, just in case you were wondering)

So there you have it: Beta beginning within a few weeks and ending early December, with release within December. Also, Shaar has stated he will upload a new video of the gameplay at the event within the weekend.
    Avatar image for gelatinousgelboy
    Gelatinousgelboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Gelatinousgelboy

Darkfall in Greek News

A new video has just been uploaded of Greek media coverage of Darkfall.

There is not much new information or gameplay footage, but the press coverage might silence some opinions of "vaporware". Also, the media have a perchance for messing up a little bit, so when they mention it is based on the world of LOTR, they have made a mistake, as the game is set in a unique world of typical fantasy elements not necessarily directly based on LOTR.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.