Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darksiders II

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Aug 14, 2012

Players return to the post-Apocalypse in the sequel to 2010's Darksiders, this time as former protagonist War's fellow Horseman of the Apocalypse, Death, the pale rider, who seeks to resurrect Humanity to clear his brother's good name.

Gear/Skill Builds?

LegalBagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By LegalBagel

So what strategy is everyone using for building their Death?

I've been focusing on criticals - my weapons have health and wrath on crit, critical % bonuses, and the rest of my gear boosts critical % or critical damage. Also turning in stonebites to boost critical %. End result is that I have a 50% crit rate, dealing 300% damage, and getting 40 life / 20 wrath back for every crit. Combine that with fully upgraded Teleport Slash for slowing enemies and dodging around, and Unstoppable to further boost damage and crits when needed.

The only thing I'd change is to maybe take the wrath steal away and add in ice damage - both for the damage boost and for freezing enemies. With Teleport Slash slowing and ice damage freezing, you can almost endlessly stagger any non-boss, and Teleport Slash by itself can be self-sustaining in terms of building wrath. Though I've been interested in combining wrath on crit with some of the Necro skills to support constant spells, which I've otherwise been completely ignoring so far.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Tennmuerti

I'm just starting newgame+ at the moment (abyssal). Harbinger focused mostly. Halfway through normal game finally settled in on a good build. Tho by build i mostly mean weapons as skill trees are sorta secondary :P

Always roll with 2 posesed weapons (get new ones every few levels), secondary doesn't matter but a heavy weapon is nice for the 2-3 types of enemies that can block. Scythes are absolutely killer especially when you get the air spin move.

All armor is focused on 3 atributes Strengh, Crit %, and Crit Damage foremost. Same with the posessed scythes, when i need to feed new ones, i go STR, Crit %, Crit DMG, and Health % leach it's on every hit and is % based which means with my huge damage hits the amout restored every hit is incredible, its a rare stat but is insanely good, much better then health on crit. I'm getting hundreds of health back with each hit.

Secondary weapon is my stat stick posessed with STR, resistance, defence and something else i cant recall atm.

Teleport slash is useless for my build, it does less damage them my regular dps, and my health restoration needs are met by the weapon enchant, don't care about status effects when everything just dies.

Unstopable is great when combined with a crit build, i can kill most sub bosses (giant skeletons, those huge puking dudes etc) usually in 1-2 air spins when it's enabled.

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By white

Oh shit. The Health % lifesteal is rare? I saw Valus selling a Scythe with that. Shit, should've bought it.

LegalBagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4  Edited By LegalBagel

@Tennmuerti: I'll have to keep an eye out for health steal. I'd only seen health on kill and health on crit up to this point, though I'm still on my first playthrough.

And for Teleport Slash I'd agree the damage isn't great, but the slow and explosion effects make it good for crowd control and dodging while still doing damage for anything that does enough damage that you need to dodge. It's also a great unblockable way to get behind guys with shields, and combined with the slow effect means you can get off quite a few hits before he turns around. I'm not doing enough damage that I can rip through equal level guys that quickly.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Tennmuerti

@Deathpooky:

Yea Teleport Slash isn't bad initially, i've used it for a while myself. Only switched from it later on when I got my first posessed weapon with Health Steal crafted, which conincided nicely into unlocking the second tier of Unstopable allowing me to make a complete switch and dump all points into that, which in turn allowed to quickly destroy tougher enemies.

For guys with shields i'm using any heavy weapon and their charge up attack, it will go through and open them up for any follow ups. They are slow enough in their swings that there is plenty of time for this powered up heavy attack.

Avatar image for renegadedoppelganger
    RenegadeDoppelganger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Executions.

Was fortunate to find a Scythe that had around 20% execution chance on it. Fed it to a possessed weapon. Kept feeding execution chance health on crit and crit chance items. Found a decent Health on Execute talisman and some Ex chance items.

Have around 60% chance to execute (instant-kill) and about 700 health on execute as well about 40 health on crit and 70 health on kill. Also have about 25% crit chance.

Green. Orbs.

Health on execute is probably one of the better (if not the best) affix in the game as it is basically rewarding an instant-kill.

My best Crucible run was to 14. I was doing well right up until 14 when I cleared about 5 corrupt constructs before I realized that the goddamn floating mask was just resurrecting them. Have since added more HoE and a better possesed scythe so very motivated to clear at least until 25.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Tennmuerti

Currently level 28.

Still using the same stat build. Crit chance at 71% now with 300% dmg increase. Well over 4000 dps on scythes due to str stacking. With unstopable i'm sittting at 91% crit and 340% extra dmg. Most bosses and bigger enemies die almost instanteneously (unless multistages obv), sometimes in a single scythe air spin, even on apocalyptical dificulty. The 20% plus health leach makes it that every swingheals for over 1k health even wuthout unstopable (with unstopable when a dozen 6-8k crits start flying around it's a full heal several times over lol). I seriously can't keep up with the dmg and healing math at some point after factoring in the Reaper AoE thingy that boosts dmg for every enemy hit.

2 more levels and i'll upgrade my gear for the final time, then finish the last 76-101 waves of the Crucible, tho at this point i'm just procrastinating for the funzies (Deposed King on newgame+ died in 3 of his getting stuck animations, giant firebat boss only landed for a few seconds and died after a single scythe air spin)

Death is so OP

heh

yevinorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#8  Edited By yevinorion

You guys inspire me. I don't think I'm high enough level to even see Health Steal items yet (level 11), but I'm keeping an eye out. Got a pair of lvl 10 possessed scythes with crit chance, crit dmg, health on crit and execution chance (came on it). It's already making the game a bit easier. Looking forward to getting some true Health Steal. I use a lot of Teleport Slash now, just started unlocking some of the bonuses to Unstoppable as I work my way down the Harbinger tree.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.