No D-pad menu navigation?

#1 Posted by Demoskinos (15185 posts) -

Unless my game is acting funky on me seems you can't navigate menus with the D-pad. This isn't a huge issue at all but my thumb instinctively goes to the D-pad to navigate most in-game menus. I just find it really strange that they wouldn't but that in for whatever reason?

#2 Posted by mosdl (3259 posts) -

Same here on the PC version, no D-pad navigation, indeed odd.

#3 Posted by supermonkey122 (874 posts) -

Wow. What a major flaw. 2 stars.

#4 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4988 posts) -
@supermonkey122 said:

The game has foot planting. Bump it up to 5 stars!
#5 Posted by Turkalurch (194 posts) -

Actually when in the menus, the D-pad is used to scroll up and down in descriptions.

#6 Posted by SamStrife (1286 posts) -

@Turkalurch: This.

#7 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11420 posts) -

@Turkalurch said:

Actually when in the menus, the D-pad is used to scroll up and down in descriptions.

It'd be nice if the game let you swap that though. Or do any customizing with the controls. I'm playing on the PS3, and I'd rather have the lock-on button be L1 than L2.

#8 Posted by supermonkey122 (874 posts) -

@OllyOxenFree said:

@supermonkey122 said:

The game has foot planting. Bump it up to 5 stars!

Make that 12!

#9 Posted by Tennmuerti (8174 posts) -

On a serious note my guess is that the reason for not having D-pad navigation is that certain menus like for example the skill tree screen has 2 different navigations, the thumbstick for skills and the d-pad for scrolling the skill text. So the devs chose to make the d-pad for a set type of menu, scrolling.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.