Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darksiders

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 05, 2010

Developed by Vigil Games, Darksiders puts players in control of War, one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, as he attempts to find out who caused a premature Apocalypse while battling both Angels and Demons on a dead Earth.

Apocalyptic Difficulty Difficulty?

GleasonRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By GleasonRyan

for those of you who have played through Darksiders'  Apocalyptic Difficulty Difficulty. How is it? 

Is it insanely hard or relatively easy?

mumbo101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By mumbo101

It's pretty easy so far, but then again I haven't gotten really far.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By xyzygy

It's really easy, I did my first playthrough on Apocalyptic and the only part I had trouble on was one dungeon's boss. You'll know which one as soon as you get there. Other than that the game was pretty easy.

ApolloJ85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By ApolloJ85

Just remember to dodge and occasionally block/counter and you'll be fine.

Mariek430

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mariek430

Only part that could be an issue are those annoying blue ghost ladys with the swords. Never really found a good way to kill them

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By spazmaster666

It's even easier if you already have the Abyssal Armor (i.e. played through it one time already on Normal difficulty) on. And really, the main difference is that dodging becomes more important.

tastyhouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By tastyhouse

I love all these gamers that like to broadcast how awesome they are by saying its SO EASY.  Garbage - if you want actual advice and not some nerd inflating his ego on a board where nobody cares then read a little further.  The game can be pretty frustrating at first till you get a hang of the controls.  Learn to love your dodge button and once you begin getting more skull/health containers and wrath cores the game gets easier.  None of the boss fights are really tough (all follow a pattern and the rule of 3) - the toughest parts I found were arena battles where you just have wave after wave of tough enemies - those can get  pretty frustrating at times.  The game definitely gets easier as you play and at about halfway through it becomes very manageable.  At the end its definitely easy.  It never feels like its unfair.  After playing apocalyptic I would imagine normal would be a little too easy.  Its a bit challenging but rewarding - go for it.

If you end up getting the abyssal armor at the end the game the difficulty becomes laughable.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By wefwefasdf
    @spazmaster666 said:
    " It's even easier if you already have the Abyssal Armor (i.e. played through it one time already on Normal difficulty) on. And really, the main difference is that dodging becomes more important. "
    Yeah, with the Abyssal Armor it hasn't been a challenge at all so far.
    Chokobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Chokobo
    @xyzygy said:
    " It's really easy, I did my first playthrough on Apocalyptic and the only part I had trouble on was one dungeon's boss. You'll know which one as soon as you get there. Other than that the game was pretty easy. "
    Is it the giant robot that takes out 3/4th of your health if he touches you?
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By xyzygy
    @Chokobo: Lol no he's not a robot. He's the guy you fight at the beginning, who kills Abaddon. His name is Straga.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.