Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darkspore

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Apr 28, 2011

Darkspore was a Diablo-style action RPG based in the Spore universe, featuring online co-op and deep customization features. It was shut down on March 1st, 2016.

Something incredible about Darkspore...

wholemeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By wholemeal

There's something incredible about Darkspore i'm not sure if it's ever been like this in other games but being able to not only wear gear but choose how to wear it. Just seems like such an awesome concept. It should be for everything, although i suppose it's not logistical  to design an engine like the spore creator for those specific purposes. What do you guys think? To those who've played it so far what are your impressions?

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DonPixel

My impressions are:  Is not that of a good game, but it is freakishly addictive 

LittleBigJono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By LittleBigJono
    @Wholemeal: more like darkBORE amirite? lol kidding, hey man
    jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jozzy

I don't know, being able to just glue a piece of kit or body-part anywhere on your body seems to make the loot (and the entire game) seem extremely artificial.

Placing a shield as a tiny item on your buttocks or as a huge full body armor, and having the effects be the same... I don't know..

dorimajmun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By dorimajmun

Fun to play co-op with friends! 

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I guess it's a kind of fun aesthetic addition to the game but it doesn't sound "incredible" to me and I'm not sure it's the kind of thing that would really work outside of a world like Spore's.

JJGIANT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By JJGIANT

That sounds interesting I guess, yeah....kinda
    Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Vexxan

Sounds interesting but not enough for me to pick it up.

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Addfwyn

Most exciting thing:  Variety of heros, and their squad based abilities that make me think about what heros I want to mix in my squads.
    Least exciting:  The loot.  Sure it's nice that it physically changes your character, and there's a lot of extra aesthetic stuff on every hero you can move around (most heros have spikes and stuff you can change).  However, most of it is pretty unnoticeable except the higher end unique stuff, and I hate hate hate having to 'pay' to equip something I already own.  It's like something I picked up isn't really 'mine', it just made it available for purchase from the store.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Tennmuerti

Bought it yesterday.
    Uninstalled it today.
    Now my track record for only buying games I like is forever tarnished.

The level design is insanely fucking booooooring, it's ok at first but you soon realise it will the the exact same shit forever and ever.
    Gear is sadly uninspired, seeing dozens of exactly the same looking pieces from the ORIGINAL Spore game , blew my mind.
    By level 3-3 I said fuck this shit, I'm not wasting any more time.

l3reak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By l3reak

Personally I found the mission objectives help keep things fresh, since it's really important to grab them. I hope you at least gave co-op a chance, since solo's quite a bit less interesting.

I've heard that complaint about seeing the items from Spore in the game in the game before, but I can't agree with it. The other option would be the not include the old parts that are already made, and that just seems like a waste. Don't worry, there are tons of new items made specifically for this game, including all of the weapons. Shame you didn't like it.
    Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked the beta quite a bit, but I think I'd rather wait for Torchlight 2 and play that for my dungeon crawler fix until Diablo 3.  The gear customizing was astoundingly fun though.  Quite a great system.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.