'Stalkers Matchmaking Unified Thread (SMUT)

#1 Edited by jewunit (1060 posts) -

Darkstalkers Resurrection will be released next week and I would love to have some folks to fight against online. I have a little experience with playing Darkstalkers 3, but I will have to re-learn a lot. Hopefully, a number of people will be in the same boat and we can all learn a bit as we go.

Anyway, my PSN username is Wossamotta_U and I will happily throw down once the game is released.

If you are interested, PowerUp had a great roundtable podcast about Darkstalkers 3 a while ago with links to a great wiki, controls and frame data, and a Youtube channel with a metric ton of tournament videos.

Get Ready!

UserPlatformID
jewunitPS3Wossamotta_U
DarkstalkerPS3BradBrains
MikeFightNightPS3MikeFightNight
IrreleventJohnPS3xLLeg3ndX
ZeeGreat1360Iavalyn (first letter is an i)
Tharrington360Tharringbone
XTraFries PSN DrStoked
redyoshiPSN ClydeFrazier
chrispti 360 CrispAndDipped
Azteris PSN Azteris
Buttenator 360 Buttenator

#2 Posted by BradBrains (951 posts) -

BradBrains on psn

Ive played Darkstalkers since the beginning though i am still way terrible.

#3 Edited by MikeFightNight (1110 posts) -

My PSN is MikeFightNight

I've always had a great appreciation for the series and own some incarnation of them all on various systems. However, I've always been surrounded by people who play it no more then casually and have no interest in digging deeper. So I look forward to getting into it more "seriously" now that more people can easily play it online.

I say we try to get a GB DS community going for all those interested.

#4 Edited by jewunit (1060 posts) -

@mikefightnight: I have a lot to learn, but I am definitely excited to get into it.

#5 Posted by IrrelevantJohn (1070 posts) -

I have never played any of the Darkstalkers before but hopefully I can be decent enough later.

PSN is: xLLeg3ndX

#7 Edited by jewunit (1060 posts) -

@zeegreat1: Let's be honest. You will probably find a lot more people online than we will. Either way, I added you and John to the list.

#8 Posted by Tharrington (145 posts) -

I am also on Xbox, but my gamertag is Tharringbone, but if my awful self gets to play some Giant Bombers I'll be happy.

#9 Posted by jewunit (1060 posts) -

@tharrington: Added! Have fun out there, duder. I am loving this game!

#10 Posted by XTraFries (211 posts) -

DrStoked: PSN

@tharrington: you better skill up, son. You have until classes resume next week to get on my level.

#11 Posted by redyoshi (153 posts) -

Completely new to this series, don't know anybody that plays it either so I'd like to get in on this. Should be fun.

PSN: ClydeFrazier

#12 Edited by chrispti (218 posts) -

CrispAndDipped on 360

#13 Edited by Azteris (810 posts) -

I'll be picking it up after I get off work tonight, I'd love to find some other beginners to play against.

PSN - Azteris

#14 Posted by Buttenator (189 posts) -

Buttenator on 360

#15 Posted by jewunit (1060 posts) -

I have updated the list at the top with all the names on here thus far. If you don't want to deal with random folks online, you have some GB folks for both consoles.

For folks starting out, try some of the tutorials in Darkstalkers 3. They give you a good idea of how the characters will play. Also, if you find that the first lesson is too tough, skip to lessons three and four. Some of the tutorials start a little combo heavy and I find it easier to start with the defensive stuff.

#16 Edited by casper_ (903 posts) -

casperhertzog psn

new to the game and im awful but wanna learn/level up

#17 Posted by chickengeorgewashington (144 posts) -

Rugalbgood on both PSN and 360. If you see me on and feel like playing, shoot a message. I'll play any and all.

#18 Posted by Oullie (59 posts) -
#19 Posted by coaxmetal (1619 posts) -

get out of here stalker

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.