Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead or Alive 5

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 25, 2012

Dead or Alive 5 is the seventh entry in the Dead or Alive fighting game franchise, introducing a new visual style, new game mechanics, and highly interactive stages.

Achievements Revealed!

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By musubi

http://exophase.com/game/dead-or-alive-5-xbox-360/achievements/

So the achievements for DOA5 dropped today. They actually look pretty doable the only thing hat has me really worried is "Get all titles and unlock Alpha-152" On one hand... that's awesome that Alpha is confirmed as playable but.... also pretty crazy that you have to get all the titles to get her. I guess we'll see how crazy it gets. Also playing 1000 matches online seems a little nuts too but if the game grabs me enough I don't think I'll have a problem with that one. The last and possibly most interesting read from all of this is that there are specific achievements for "Arcade mode" and "Story Mode" which has me wondering if they are going to do a Mortal Kombat like story where you just play a linear progression through the story line. If so that would be really neat and a good step forward along with Dimensions at trying to clean up all of the back story and fiction.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By kindgineer

They remind me a lot of the DOA4 achievements. Seems like they are pretty doable if you really enjoy the game and put a modest amount of time and effort into it. I am scared of anything "online" though when it comes to fighting games.

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By zyn

Good thing I don't care about achievements, those seem it'll take a while to get.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By musubi

@ck1nd: Nothing too crazy in this one. In DOA 4 the ones for getting "SS" rank were way out of my reach. I did somehow manage to get the 20 in a row wins though... (although I think i remember shamelessly boosting that)

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By Hunter5024

@Demoskinos said:

"Get all titles and unlock Alpha-152"

I read the word "Titles" as "Titties", and now I feel immature and disappointed. I hope the story mode is good, that's really the one thing that's holding me back from purchasing it.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#6  Edited By Hailinel

@Demoskinos said:

So the achievements for DOA5 dropped today. They actually look pretty doable the only thing hat has me really worried is "Get all titles and unlock Alpha-152" On one hand... that's awesome that Alpha is confirmed as playable but.... also pretty crazy that you have to get all the titles to get her. I guess we'll see how crazy it gets. Also playing 1000 matches online seems a little nuts too but if the game grabs me enough I don't think I'll have a problem with that one. The last and possibly most interesting read from all of this is that there are specific achievements for "Arcade mode" and "Story Mode" which has me wondering if they are going to do a Mortal Kombat like story where you just play a linear progression through the story line. If so that would be really neat and a good step forward along with Dimensions at trying to clean up all of the back story and fiction.

Well, regarding the story, Dimensions did end with a cliffhanger of what's possibly to come in DOA5. I'm interested to see how the story plays out. The storytelling in Dimensions could have been better, though I think part of the problem was simply the mess of a narrative that 1-4 actually were.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I seen those, they do look easy, if not time consuming for some. I hope getting titles is not too difficult seeing how it is tied to a character. Not one I plan to use, but regardless. If the netcode is good I can see myself playing 1000 matches.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By musubi

@Hailinel said:

@Demoskinos said:

Well, regarding the story, Dimensions did end with a cliffhanger of what's possibly to come in DOA5. I'm interested to see how the story plays out. The storytelling in Dimensions could have been better, though I think part of the problem was simply the mess of a narrative that 1-4 actually were.

Hmm...now you have me interested. I'll have to go digging on the DOA wiki site.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.