Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Rising 2: Off the Record

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 11, 2011

Frank West visits Fortune City in this "what if?" retelling of Dead Rising 2.

which dead rising 2 game is cannon *spoilers*

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

now that dead rising 3 is coming which of the 2 dead rising games is the one that happened ? so i just got to playing this and i played a fair amount of dead rising 2. what do you think will be the version that will be referenced back to if at all? the main reason i ask is i just got to the part where you fight psychopath chuck, frank west made a cameo in 2 so if chuck was to make a appearance/ referenced to would he be the hero who got to the bottom of the fortune city indecent or be referenced as a guy who lost his child and became a alcoholic madman.

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Not this one.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

Dead Rising 2, the one with Chuck Greene. Capcom were pretty open about Off The Record just being a what-if story. Besides, DR3 is set like 10 years after anyway so the specifics probably won't matter. Hell, the story barely matters at all truth be told.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Frank West doesn't just make a cameo in DR2: OTR he is the reason DR2: OTR is the best DR2 game! .. what?!

But no seriously it's a good question, if they do in fact care about that stuff in the first place(my bet is that they don't for some reason).

Avatar image for chainreaction01
    chainreaction01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

I can't tell if you finished the game or not so I'm going to leave this for those who have or simply don't care about OTR's story.

I'm going to go with the ending that didn't involve giant mechs (unfortunately).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.