Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Rising 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Sep 02, 2010

Dead Rising 2 is a third-person action-adventure survival horror game that takes place five years after the end of the original Dead Rising, moving its zombie apocalypse setting into the glamorous Fortune City.

Dead Rising 2 DLC discussion

Pokechapp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Pokechapp

Been having quite a few discussions with friends of mine as to what we want to see come out for the game as DLC. Basically it is all free game, you can suggest weapons, combo cards, new vehicles, unlockables, costumes, abilities, online game modes, character skins, whatever you want to see the game get. I like to think that developers take a look at the forums from time to time before making new content. It happened for Borderlands. It could happen for Dead Rising 2... gosh I hope.  Keep in mind when posting that this thread is not a predictions thread or anything that is expected to happen. It is all hopes, dreams, and theories here. Any confirmed DLC will be announced in other threads.

I want to start off by saying I really just want to see them expand on either the area outside our large zombie playground, or give us new gameplay types that we can use to challenge ourselves like a hardcore mode or something. Also no matter what they add I want to see more weapons and combo cards. Nothing in specific, just anything fun and quirky. 

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

An RPD STARS uniform costume <3

fentonalpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By fentonalpha

Military clean up mode.
    Play as a soldier with a good arsenal of weapons and each maintenance room has ammo supplies. 
    Once you clear an area, the enemies do not re-spawn there till your New Game.
    It could be like a time trial mode... There can be different Military armor unlocks for time points achieved.
    Some sections should be in the dark with either night vision or barrel mounted flashlight for effect.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Oldirtybearon
    @fentonalpha said:
    " Military clean up mode. Play as a soldier with a good arsenal of weapons and each maintenance room has ammo supplies.  Once you clear an area, the enemies do not re-spawn there till your New Game. It could be like a time trial mode... There can be different Military armor unlocks for time points achieved. Some sections should be in the dark with either night vision or barrel mounted flashlight for effect. "
    This is a mode I can totally get behind.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Yummylee

Case West on the PS3 would be appreciated too..

cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By cstrang

They already announced that the preorder outfits will be released as dlc starting next week.  But I would love to see more combo cards.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Yummylee
    @cstrang said:
    " They already announced that the preorder outfits will be released as dlc starting next week.  But I would love to see more combo cards. "
    Absolutely. They need to have the broad sword combinable with something.
    fentonalpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By fentonalpha
    @Abyssfull said:
    " @cstrang said:
    " They already announced that the preorder outfits will be released as dlc starting next week.  But I would love to see more combo cards. "
    Absolutely. They need to have the broad sword combinable with something. "
    Broadsword + Broadsword = Epic Scissors.  Not really but it's a thought.
    alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#9  Edited By alistercat
    @fentonalpha:  I miss the hedge clippers from Dead Rising 1...
    Pokechapp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Pokechapp

@Abyssfull:  
    I would kill for some case west...

@fentonalpha: 
    If I can have flaming boxing gloves, why can't I have a flaming broadsword? And the military clean up idea... brilliant.

Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Raymayne

I really cannot think of anything I would want as DLC for this game...I think more weapons is kinda pointless as there's already so so many and so so many of them are brilliant and one-hit kills that it wouldn't make any difference to me. I think the map is already so damn huge considering how slow Chuck moves, and a new area wouldn't really appeal to me that much. There's already so many costumes in it....I really don't know. Maybe another couple of multiplayer modes, maybe somehow integrate another safehouse into the campaign somewhere near the pallisades, or just more shortcuts back to the safehouse. I mean, it would be a lot of work but I'd also love to see some sort of survival-style co-op mode where you have to survive waves of zombies with little breaks in between to go gather weapons and food from the immediate area. 

The military clean up thing was a good idea but to be honest I don't think it would take especially long to clear out the map if you had some guns and ammo. 

Oh and bringing back infinity mode from DR1 would be nice.

Pokechapp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Pokechapp
    @Raymayne: Well the guns in Dead Rising suck... so it would more than likely take longer than if you just made some weapons. Or even just had a really good sledgehammer. I really want to see more weapons just because there are a lot of things in the game that seem lacking... why can't I use plywood for anything? Why can't I do more with the vehicles? There are plenty of things they could do. If they introduced more base items they could take some really great weapons and make them even better. I would love if they gave us some easter egg weapons like the megaman suit. Things to go out and collect. 

The infinite mode from 1 was baller. It would be great to see it make a return.
    chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By chaser324  Moderator
    @Abyssfull said:
    " An RPD STARS uniform costume <3 "
    This would be cool...I'm actually curious why there haven't been way more references to RE in Dead Rising.
    cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By cstrang

Also, the "equipment stash" idea would be nice.

Teclo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Teclo

I'd say Survival Mode is a given. There are also a lot of placeholder shops around with "Coming Soon" written on them. I'd be surprised if these aren't filled in with DLC, probably themed around certain challenges rather than just being another shop. For example, liking a shooting gallery or something. There's also a "DLC" tab in the costume change screen that you access from the safe house save room.

Pokechapp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Pokechapp
    @Teclo: Yeah they are definitely going to release costumes. I like the idea about a shooting gallery and maybe they could add new items in the form of a new shop opening up.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Yummylee

I'm wondering if they'll eventually renovate the South Plaza. With so much having a description of ''coming soon'' makes me think that might be more towards an eventual DLC release. It could be there just for some environmental variety--and not to mention to give you more zombies falling off panels making it look like its raining the undead--but I'd like to hope otherwise. 

Maybe if they do bring in an ''00'' mode they'll also fix up the Plaza with new shops.

DrBeardface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By DrBeardface
    @Abyssfull said:
    Nice.
    Pokechapp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Pokechapp
    @Abyssfull: I like the idea of finishing the renovations. It would be a good place to see some variety. Something a bit more extravagant. One thing is for certain whatever they decide to do needs to have more Capcom ties. I want to see Ryu zombies chasing a Chuck wearing that RPD uniform wielding Dante's Rebellion in a coffee shop called Viewtiful Joe.
    alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By alistercat

I think a lot of you have got ahead of yourselves. They aren't going to do big DLC, much less new areas. Costumes are coming and I think that will be all. Case West is their main 'DLC' push.

@DrBeardface said:

" @Abyssfull said:
    Nice. "
    There's already a mod for that on the PC version.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Yummylee
    @AlisterCat said:
    " I think a lot of you have got ahead of yourselves. They aren't going to do big DLC, much less new areas. Costumes are coming and I think that will be all. Case West is their main 'DLC' push. "
    What makes you so sure?
    Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By Xeiphyer
    @fentonalpha said:
    " @Abyssfull said:
    " @cstrang said:
    Absolutely. They need to have the broad sword combinable with something. "
    Broadsword + Broadsword = Epic Scissors.  Not really but it's a thought. "
    Broadsword + Broadsword = Long Broadsword. Its the best of both worlds!!
    alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By alistercat
    @Abyssfull:  Just a feeling I have.
    OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By OldGuy

@AlisterCat is right, there's not going to be any DLC other than Case West... (I'd bet a fiver on that)...

But, if there was, Infinite Mode would be the thing for me... (I'd pay a fiver for that).

Pokechapp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Pokechapp
    @AlisterCat: While it is likely there won't be any other large DLC... I still like to hope. Regardless of whether or not it happens, it doesn't hurt to talk. Updating the first post to reflect this. I think the should be more of a wishlist than expected DLC.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

The absolute best thing about Dead Rising is they can make DLC that doesn't need to extend the story.  They have such a huge playground in Fortune City, with so many items that can't be combined, that they can release a DLC pack for 10 bucks that introduces 20 new combo weapons, just made out of objects already in Fortune City.  Utility Cart + Lawnmower.  Chainsaw + Drill Motor.

Pokechapp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Pokechapp
    @Brodehouse: True there. They can really do a lot with the existing items. But imagine if they added something like a self defense store. It would have things like mace and tazers.A tazer on a sword would be sick. Mace on a toy helicopter. They could add so many varieties by just adding one or two new items. Then they could add combo cards using the existing items. But $10 for new weapons is a bit far. I would want a new costume or two and a store front to house some of the new stuff.
    DoctorRoXo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DoctorRoXo

YES! Combo Weapons DLC is a MUST! If Capcom doesn't do this i will lose all faith in them...
    I have a few ideas for some combo weapons:
    1.  Anything with a wrench - can't believe the wrench doesn't have a wrench icon...go figure.
    2. Grenade Launcher = Leaf Blower + Grenades
    3. Shotgun + Chainsaw = this wouldn't be a combo weapon, just be able to dual wield for some Bruce Campbell action!
    4. Laser Sword + Laser Sword = dual wield or it could make a 2-handed lightsaber like Darth Maul. And it would be sweet if we could throw the light sword and have it come back to us like the lightsaber throw.
    5. Massager  (dildo) + Leaf Blower = this could either be a dildo launcher or that thing from The Naked Gun 2 1/2. Probably wouldn't be useful but it'd be hella funny.

No Caption Provided
    alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By alistercat

I believe it's called a Drilldo. :p

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#30  Edited By vigorousjammer

I'd want to see some bigger co-op, at least 4-player co-op, possibly up to 8-player co-op... it'd be like your team in any standard zombie movie.  It'd work even better if it was done for an infinity mode, some people could barricade themselves and wait it out with a stash of food, then when they start running out one guy could be all like "okay, I'll go get some food, you guys stay here"

so many awesome types of situations that'd happen in that sort of mode, but I don't think it'll happen.
    maybe in Dead Rising 3?

DoctorRoXo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DoctorRoXo
    @AlisterCat:  good name dude

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.