Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Def Jam Rapstar

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Oct 05, 2010

Grab the mic and prove you got swagger in this hip-hop-focused music game from 4mm Games and Terminal Reality.

Is there still a way to get DLC for Def Jam Rapstar?

TheStimpinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheStimpinator

So I bought finally bought Def Jam Rapstar because it was like ten bucks and I was pretty excited for the awesome songs on it and on the DLC list I saw on the wiki page here. Unfortunately I missed the news that EMI sued the game makers and all the good DLC was taken off of XBLM. So is there any way for me to get these songs from another venue? Or am I boned? I need me some Warren G...

Kierkegaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Kierkegaard

@TheStimpinator: I'm right there with ya! I got it for PS3 (10 bucks for game and mic seemed obvious) and no DLC for me either. Since the lawsuits seem to have destroyed any chance of those songs being sold again, I think we just have the original tracks. I like the game. It made all this listening to rap I've been doing since 13 feel worthwhile when those five mic scores started coming in. Shame its financials were fucked.

I actually just added the lawsuits to its wiki so hopefully people won't make the mistake we did.

TheStimpinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheStimpinator

@Kierkegaard: Word, the game itself is still great. I just feel shitty knowing that I missed a chance to make it that much better with all the DLC. But really its whatever, I have "Today Was a Good Day" so I can just rap that forever and be happy.

Kierkegaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Kierkegaard

@TheStimpinator: Ha, and I have Gin N Juice to try to complete on expert and Scenario to vex the hell outta my vocal chords. So, we'll live. I really hope this flub won't make a new rap karaoke game in the future too hard to pursue. Next gen rap!

damionb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By damionb

Is there a way to share/exchange DLC?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.