I would say I put about 10 hours into playing the beta. I must say overall my most(not all) of my concerns are gone. The game is more of a co-op game that happens to be in a MMO world. Here is some bullet points of some good and bad thought I had with my time played. Overall think of a mix of crackdown/gears of war/borderlands.
- Outside of the first day I never had any issues with lag.
- Story seems like it could be pretty good and had some interesting characters.
- Weapons seem to have a good variety to them. I did find myself needing to switch weapons for different jobs. You can of course go through the game with nothing but the assault rifle but it did have meaning to use the sniper to clear our some of the pack before running in.
- Co-op play works well and gives the game a little strategy as some of the enemies require you to hit weak points to get damage and its good to have someone holding the waves of enemys off when your trying to complete a task.
- Ark falls are really fun to do and its cool seeing a bunch of plays joining up at a spot to fight a large boss off.
- Vehicles are a great way to get around.
- Though Co-op was fun I found it hard to know what was going on if you join a player that is either further ahead or behind in the story. I might have missed it or it might be in the full version of the game but it needs some kind of mission sharing so you can see what your task is or where you need to go.
- The game seems to be based around the idea of co-op so anytime the game makes you do something on your own in seems off putting.
Those are the key things that stick in my mind as I am writing I'm sure there are much more on both sides I am forgetting. I didn't include things such as mission diversity as I know the beta didn't have everything. I didn't get a chance to try everything such as really getting into messing with character options. I also didn't get a chance to do any of the death match.
If you have any questions about the game let me know I will try and answer them.