Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Sep 09, 2014

Shoot your way across the solar system to level up and collect new loot in this multiplayer-focused first-person shooter from Bungie and Activision.

Can you sell vehicles or ships??

rmills87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I just purchased a Seeker vehicle and one mission later on Mars, I am awarded with one. I'm sure I don't have to mention how frustrated I am with spending 2250 currency on something just to be rewarded with a replacement minutes later. Is there any way I can sell the vehicle? The only option I have in my equipment list is to "discard" the object. Any help at all is appreciated! Game on duders.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Nope. You either hold on to them or discard them.

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@rmills87 said:

I just purchased a Seeker vehicle and one mission later on Mars, I am awarded with one. I'm sure I don't have to mention how frustrated I am with spending 2250 currency on something just to be rewarded with a replacement minutes later. Is there any way I can sell the vehicle? The only option I have in my equipment list is to "discard" the object. Any help at all is appreciated! Game on duders.

nope you can't sell them. What level are you? Around Level 15+ Glimmer is no longer an issue.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

1) You cannot dismantle a vehicle to get anything back; if you do you'll just get nothing and remove it from your inventory.
    2) Generally in loot games you're better off using gear you find instead of buying from vendors until you're at the level cap, as that gear will be quickly replaced. Luckily, glimmer is pretty meaningless in Destiny and you will quickly find yourself dumping it towards emblems/shaders/ammo refills just to keep yourself under the cap, so don't feel too bad.

rmills87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@vextroid: I'm Level 17 - I completely agree on the Glimmer not being an issue, it's just one of those splinters in my mind that is going to bother me for a while. Grr! Eh, I'll get over it. Thanks for the reply :-)

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

@rmills87: It won't be long until you start noticing you aren't awarded any Glimmer for anything anymore and you'll realize you hit the 25.000 cap. I used Glimmer to buy a lot of ships, which was pointless as I found blueprints in chests not too long after. I now have 6 Rare ships, 4 Uncommon and a Legendary. I had to discard like 8 Common ships as my vault was also getting full.

You should spend Glimmer on upgrades and ammo synthesis. But that's about it.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Glimmer is the most useless of the game's myriad currencies. You get more of it than you know what to do with and it's capped at 25k. I can't tell you how many times I've been forced to buy a bunch of ammo synthesis simply because my glimmer was capped.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.