Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Sep 09, 2014

Shoot your way across the solar system to level up and collect new loot in this multiplayer-focused first-person shooter from Bungie and Activision.

Forward Unto... Destiny - Being Shown Off On 17th Feb

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hitchenson

SOON. Press events are happening currently and the game's finally being shown off in a matter of days (17th of this month). I'm so stoked! Here's hoping for a release this year.

EDIT: Holy shit! Yes. YEEEEEEES.

No Caption Provided

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Hitchenson

Well, I don't know what the fuck happened there. Mods, if you could delete the bajillion copies of this thread. Cheers.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

You really pressed that button a lot :o

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hitchenson

@probablytuna@beachthunder: It sure looks that way. I got a 500 error so was refreshing in hopes of it working, apparently it did work... just a little too much.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

You must've been really fucking excited for this to have 10 identical threads running. Chill.

Cykke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@probablytuna: I would more likely pass it off as site problems. If you read his post above yours, he was getting a bunch of 500s, as have I of recent. Chill.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hitchenson

@cykke: Cheers, mang.

But enough about the sites/my own mishaps in posting this thread. Destiny, people! Destiny!

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cykke said:

@probablytuna: I would more likely pass it off as site problems. If you read his post above yours, he was getting a bunch of 500s, as have I of recent. Chill.

Haha I know, it was a joke.

This wouldn't be happening if the Mods are doing their jobs! Unless they are also encountering wild 500s.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cmblasko

If this isn't on PC, then it might be the game that convinces me to reactivate my Xbox Live Gold account.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cmblasko: If I didn't have a PS3, I'd be right there with you. I'm holding onto slim hope that it's on PC though, that would be grand.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By pweidman

Can't wait to learn more about this game. It also appears Bungie's loving their new found autonomy.

DaMisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Halo

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hitchenson

@damisterchief

said:

I like Halo

From your username I'd have guessed you were more of a Call of Duty guy.

muthachugga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe it's just me but, Destiny's leaked story beats sound a lot like Arthur C. Clarke's Childhood's End. Read the leaked story info and it's almost blatant the comparison.

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mnzy
    muthachugga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By muthachugga

Wow, IGN's 30-minute exclusive has turned out to be useless drivel. 30 minutes of shit we already knew. So what was the point of that exclusive?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17  Edited By Seppli

Wow, IGN's 30-minute exclusive has turned out to be useless drivel. 30 minutes of shit we already knew. So what was the point of that exclusive?

How's it any different than your average bombcast? I enjoy people talking about games, and those dudes are doing a fine job at it.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Funkydupe

So yeah guys. A sphere waited until the entire population of Earth was dead except one city before intervening and helping us out. Then it gave us some gear and some magical powers. Now it just sits there in mid-air. We decided to rebuild the city beneath it ( I hope the fucker stays afloat! ) and I hope it has friendly intentions besides wanting to dominate the remaining humans for itself. Why isn't it helping us anymore by say, removing all the aliens infesting Earth? It expects ONE city of humans to retake the entirety of Earth? It sounds a bit too much for even magically infused egos to handle, but hey, more unlikely things have happened; Like aliens attacking Earth, and like a huge Sphere deciding to descend upon us to save us in possibly the last moment possible.

Is the sphere sentient? Did someone send it? Are humans still fighting among themselves as is carved into the human way even when the only city stands alone?

Are we lacking important vitamins because a huge sphere happens to be floating above our city blocking the sun? Can we even grow plants in the dark or did it bestow tech for that stuff as well? What level of tech did we have before the sphere arrived? How exactly did it give us the tech? Did it mind-merge with the people and transferred the knowledge Matrix style like ZOING now we all know Kung-Fu and we know how to build high tech energy weapons? Did it also bring us the materials? Surely nothing on Earth proper can make such weapons? Oh yeah, the message said: See you on Venus? Right? So we gained tech to travel far in space and using that we built those spaceships using human/earthly resources? We arrived on Venus and we gained access to even more rare materials that we somehow harvest and start manufacturing facilities, or do we sit at tables hand-crafting each and every weapon? Are there swords still, because a lot of the armor I've seen seems metal based; couldn't be some sort of chemical composition amounting into some alien armor that perhaps isn't as heavy but still durable? A lot of the guys in the pictures seem armored up like medieval Knights. Because of the lack of uniformity due to the armor customization/character customization it seems like we have to wear capes, color-coded because hey, we might attack our own guys? Classes are probably limited to certain armor types and weapons, because why else implement a class system? The spell casters will probably not be able to wear heavy armor, and I'm guessing the Hunter classes will have a sort of high tech precision weapon like energy crossbows.

I keep seeing Darth Vader like breathing apparatus, like re-breathers, worn by some of the characters; even in a photo where the sky was blue with clouds, is that needed now? Why? Is Earth polluted or perhaps poisoned?

Anyway. What do I know. I hope you didn't read this entire post.

muthachugga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seppli: What? The average bombcast isn't billed as an exclusive. IGN billed their "reveal stream" as an exclusive, first place on the web, you'll see this stuff type of event. It turned into a horrifyingly stretched out 30 minute conversation containing 5 minutes of information before the actual reveal. Oh and that information was already known stuff. So it really ended up being the guy at the back of the line, at a gangbang. Just keepin his stuff prepped for the moment.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Hitchenson

THAT LOOKED FUCKING AMAZING

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.