Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Sep 09, 2014

Shoot your way across the solar system to level up and collect new loot in this multiplayer-focused first-person shooter from Bungie and Activision.

I kinda wanna start raiding....

flamie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By flamie

Hey Duders,

I just bought this game about a month ago, and it has totally consumed my life. I'm getting quite average good at it, and I want to do some raids.

Only problem is that I haven't done one at all. If there is anyone who is willing to help or want to run one in the future, let me know. I also have a friend who wants to do it as well.

My PSN is bmattification and I am on a PS4.

I will be online for most of the day tomorrow (4/17/15 from around 10am - 3pm EST) and nights after around 8pm EST are great for me. I am an instructor, so when the summer gets here my schedule will be open for months.

I only have two characters.

A Titan (lvl 31) and a Warlock (Lvl 29). If you want to friend up, then just put in your message GBomb and I will accept you into my closet of friends.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's kind of a shame you're late to that particular party. In my experience anyone who's serious about destiny stopped raiding about a month ago. Raids are still the best content in the game but you can only do them so many times before you're completely burned out. Some of the most useful weapons in the game drop from VoG hard mode and Crota's end normal mode so I hope you can find people willing to go back in there. If you don't find anyone there's probably going to be way more people playing in a month when the next expansion comes out.

AsherV20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

AsherV20 on PSN

I think my group can help you out, duder. We still run VoG Hard and Crota Normal (occasionally hard) on the regular!

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@pyrodactyl: That's not true, sites like Destinylfg.net are still very active and plenty of lvl32's are still going through the raids once a week. It's dead easy to find a group.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brendan: Eh, LFG is just not the same as being in a regular group. It's so random whether you get fun people who are competent or 14 year olds who play lone wolf.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@pyrodactyl: That has literally never happened to me. I think people get waay hyperbolic over the amount of shitty people in online games. It's not full of yelling 14 year olds.

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

I've had a lot of success with Destiny LFG. There's been a few bad runs with a crappy group, but the positive instances vastly outweigh the negatives.

But enjoy the raids! They're really interesting and fun your first few times through them.

LiquidSaiyan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I've found the100.io great for getting groups for raids and nightfalls. I wouldn't mind helping out. I've got some experience with both raids, and free most evenings (EST)

I'll try and add you later, but if you get to it before me, I'm LiquidSaiyan3 on PS4.

flamie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey Everyone~

I ran my first raid with @asherv20 and a bunch of others, and it was super fun! Glad they helped out. Got two exotics and two legendary engrams, so that was nice.

I checked out the100, and signed up. Seems nice, but a little random.

xXCrazyCostaXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flamie: might need some pals to help out my friend and I soon, I bought him the game so I can get back into it

core1065

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

THEN GRAB YOUR SWORD AND SHIELD SPLENDADORF. WITH ODIN'S BLESSINGS, WE SHALL CROSS THE SEAS AND RAID THOSE GREEDY MONKS AT LINDISFARNE! Oh, wait... Your talking about Destiny. I would like to start playing Destiny but are people friendly to new players? Or is it like DOTA, where you need to already have to know the process of that raid to participate?

AsherV20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By AsherV20

I got Vex Mythoclast out of VoG hard, while helping @flamie experience some raiding. He's my new good luck charm!

flamie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@core1065 I've noticed that many of the players I've played with are rather polite to new players and actually WANT to help. They also benefit from doing other things within the game, so there is a huge benefit to helping. If you ever do get in the game, let me know. I'll have no problem helping out.

@xxcrazycostaxx If you need any help, sent a friend request.

@asherv20 YAY!

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#14  Edited By Hestilllives19

@flamie: @pyrodactyl: Pyro, I was extremely hesitant to start using DestingLFG/100 sites and didn't start until about a month ago when people dropped. You are totally right, it is extremely hit or miss, but the same can be said about randomly raiding with friends of friends, which we've also had to do lately. Though DestinyLFG sites seems to even be getting slow now, sometimes I don't even get an invite whereas a month ago I'd get 12 invites seconds after I posted, but it's still pretty much the only resource for people like flamie who are new to Raids and without a proper group.

Flamie, if you are still looking to do Raids send me an invite, hestilllives19 on PSN and XBLA, though I only play Destiny on PS4. Currently with the drop in users we are struggling to get 6 together, especially on Tuesdays, so you are more than welcome to hook up with us. I'd love to run Vault some more since I still don't have full sets of Vault gear on my Titan or Hunter. Me and my guys are extremely experienced in both Raids and would be happy to show you and friends the ropes if we are on. I might actually be on tonight as long as another Tornado doesn't hit me, which is looking less and less likely tonight.

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

If you don't mind I'd like to put my name out there, never done raids or whatnot because everyone I know as left or no longer plays when I play. Play on PS4 at: SaitanMar for anyone interested. I might see about adding some names, I'd love to give it ago. I'm guessing you all mic up for raids.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Yeah, mics are pretty essential for the Raids. If you need one check out the PSVita mic. That's the one I use. I'm told I come through pretty clear and rarely have feedback issues, and it's usually pretty cheap on Amazon. I think it's currently $9.

Manutsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm available. Kinda lost me with the last expansion but the recent announcements do make me want to grind to lvl. 32. I have decent experience on VoG but non on Crota's End.. PSN: manutsu

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a lvl 27 Warlock and I'd like to start hitting the Vault of Glass if anybody is up for it?

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By MachoFantastico

If your on PS4 I recommend joining up with Cerberus Wolves.

There a lovely bunch of folks who have been willing to teach me a thing or two.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.