Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Sep 09, 2014

Shoot your way across the solar system to level up and collect new loot in this multiplayer-focused first-person shooter from Bungie and Activision.

My sad Destiny story. Last ditch effort for assistance.

Dispossession

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I stopped playing Destiny shortly after it be released because I wasn't really getting anything cool in the weapons department and the grinding was killing me. Last week, I bought both expansions with hopes of getting back into it and it was starting to click for me when I shot up from light level 28 to 32, and now I'm stuck. Apparently I need etheric light or armor core to buy better gear but all that seems to be locked behind difficulty levels requiring a fireteam. I have posted on various Destiny group sites and even asked random people I've done level 28 PoE with, but it seems like the majority of players in this game don't really wanna carry someone who isn't level 34 or doesn't have a maxed out Thorn, Ghorn or some really popular weapon I don't have haha.

Is there by any chance someone willing to help me out with getting me over this hump? I hate that it sounds like I'm desperate but I figured I would ask the GB community before I gave up and jumped to the next game. Thanks everyone.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You should take a look here. You should also probably mention what platform you're on. As far as I know most of the active community (guys like @zevvion) are on PS4.

Good luck in your search.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have you tried the Destiny LFG site? (I think there are two). You might sometimes catch someone generous on there who doesn't mind carrying people. I'm sort of in the same boat as you, as I despise that there STILL isn't matchmaking in this game, and really don't like having to resort to using a website to do these sorts of things.

In regards to Etheric Light it can sometimes drop doing the weekly Nightfall, as that's how I actually got my first one, but apparently it's sort of rare. They also have the Iron Banner event once a month I believe, and you can get two Etheric Light from the vendor, who hosts that event as well (though that event just recently ended).

You are right though in that a lot of players on these sites have super dumb requirements. Like for stuff that requires level 32, they'll demand something along the lines of "level 34's only, must have max gally, max this, max that, etc." It's pretty damn annoying, but you can still find people that don't really care about that stuff nearly as much.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty much in the same boat although I've been stuck on lvl 30 for months.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By Hestilllives19

@dispossession: Yeah, some of the people on LFG sites ask for that garbage. It's a quick no brainer that you don't want to be grouped with someone like that. Try joining one of the Giantbomb clans. You can try joining Lincoln Force, but I'm in all of those groups and honestly they aren't very active in Destiny anymore. If you are on PS4, try joining one of the Giantbomb Clans like Cerberus Wolves. They are very active lately and Zevvion runs those guys. If you are in the Central US check out Lincoln Force NA Central, that's my clan. Most of our guys are in Texas, Oklahoma, and Chicago but we have a few from all over. Dot Ru is a smaller tight group of guys, who are all highly skilled Destiny players. You will see guys on here often from there like Pyrodactyl and Exile. All of those groups have very experienced Destiny players and you would do well to group up with any of them, it's just preference honestly. I play a lot less frequently now, but let me know if you want a hand, I'd run you through the 32 this week. It's one of the harder PoE bosses Quadron (more convoluted and complicated than hard) so I'd want to make sure and bring another player I've played with a bunch but that shouldn't be hard to find. If your on PSN send me a friend request, hestilllives19.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@hestilllives19: Just got a PS4 and been playing a lot of destiny the past few days (level 25 atm) and will need to join a clan to progress further, I'm guessing Zevvion's is the one for me?

I'd be playing now if it wasn't for the maintenance :(

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@benny: Zevvion's group has a lot of active younger guardians and some vets if I'm not mistaken, so there is a lot of people often wanting to run Raid's and Prison of Elders. Probably the best group for the younger guardians wanting to find like players.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Dispossession

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry about that. I'm on the PS4. I've tried both Destiny LFG sites and a site called The 100, as well as a Destiny reddit site. I did join the Cerberus Wolves and haven't had much luck there.

@hestillives19 I will probably message/add you later today. I appreciate it. Thanks.

boatorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By boatorious

I'm assuming you're looking for groups for 32 Prison of Elders. That will get you the armor cores you need to get to 34. You aren't being "carried" at this point, you're level 32 :) Don't worry about PoE 34 until you are 34.

Just use destinylfg.net. Post for a group, if you don't get an invite, post again a few minutes later. Repeat until you get an invite. Sometimes it can take a while.

If you have trouble getting an invite, just look for someone that just needs one more and send them a quick message saying "inv" on PS4 (assuming you can do that on PS4).

Don't worry about not having Gjallerhorn. I have one, but never advertise it and never join a group that requires one. It rarely takes me more than ten minutes to find a group.

Oh, and try to do the Nightfall every week. It's probably the most time-efficient way of getting an exotic chance. Also check on Xur every week.

Dispossession

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks everyone.

AnthonyWalkens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AnthonyWalkens

@benny: @dispossession: If you still want to do prison runs feel free to add me, CountChroncula, on psn. I'm part of the dot RU group hestilllives19 mentioned.

Dispossession

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi guys! This is my super late update, assuming anyone ever what happened haha. I managed to get into a clan shortly after I made this post and over the course of the last month and 13 days, I have three characters maxed at 34, and good amount of exotic weapons and armor, completed the moments of triumphs checklist, and most importantly, I have acquired a healthy amount of people to play video games with. It's been a pretty cool experience, playing with people from Belgium to England. The Destiny community, for the most part, have been incredibly helpful with me becoming a better Crublie and PvE player.

Sadly, in the process of this cool journey, my PSN name was banned for being inappropriate haha. Which is whatever, but I lost the majority of my friends list and lost all my trophies.

Anyways, thanks to everyone for their advance with Destiny. Anyone excited for Phantom Pain in a few weeks?

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

@dispossession: Did you lose access to your Destiny characters when your psn name was banned? That would suck big time. And yeah I've been watching Metal Gear Scanlon on the site to refresh my memory about MGS story before Phantom Pain comes out.

Dispossession

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legend: Nope. Ironically, the first thing the rep asked after he gave me the rundown of what was gonna happen was if I cared about Destiny. Apparently, progress is saved on Bungie's servers so I didn't lose any progress with that game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.