Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Sep 09, 2014

Shoot your way across the solar system to level up and collect new loot in this multiplayer-focused first-person shooter from Bungie and Activision.

Should I get the expansions

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

I'm nearing the end of the main story (i think?) Of vanilla Destiny lvl 22. Just wondering how everyone's time with th first two expansions was. I have about 40 I wanna spend but not quite the 60 for taken King. Are the first two substantial, fun I wanna extend my time with the game but for how slow I play it, maybe once or twice a week, it doesn't make much sense to get the whole package with the taken King.

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Junkboy

FUCK NO!

The first two expansions are so bad compared to what the TTK has brought I would not waste any money just buying those. Wait till you can just buy the TTK otherwise you're throwing money down the drain buying the first season pass stuff at the full shitty price and then having to spend even more for TTK. Keep an eye for Black Friday sales and see what kind of sales you can get.

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@junkboy0: sweet thanks might just pony up the extra 20. Do I have to do anything tricky where I delete my game or something. I have the physical copy on ps4

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@junkboy0: You have to have all of the DLC to play TTK.

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Junkboy

@believer258: When he said $60 it implied he was buying the everything in one TTK bundle which comes with base game/both exps/TTK. The standalone TTK is still only $40 so he was asking only about first two exps and not TTK for $40.

@sagesebas said:

@junkboy0: sweet thanks might just pony up the extra 20. Do I have to do anything tricky where I delete my game or something. I have the physical copy on ps4

Unfortunately the PS4 doesn't convert disc installs to digital so when you buy TTK Legendary for $60 you will have to redownload and install EVERYTHING. Sucks but you might be able to just sell the base Destiny disc for like $10 or something although you could just give it to a cousin/friend since you won't need the disc. Character and gear will be fine just delete Destiny from the storage management screen and then download the digital game.

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

geardo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very sorry to bump this, but I have a question that a cursory google search didn't really solve for me. I bought vanilla destiny for $20 about a year ago. I haven't played it much over the past year, but I fired it up today and noticed that I had a quest line titled "The Dark Below." I messed around for a little while (not in that quest) and eventually opened up a quest line called "The House of Wolves." So did Bungie eventually include those two expansions into the regular game? I looked on the PS store, and I couldn't find those expansions for sale by themselves, only with The Taken King, or the collection with Rise of Iron. I'm just curious, because I'm a little bit confused. Anyone know what's up with this?

meteora3255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@geardo: when they redid the quest system for TTK they took some of the "side quests" in the base game that didn't really fit into the main arc and put them into The Dark Below and House of Wolves to flesh those short quest lines out a bit more. For example the quest where you get to first use a sword on the moon was originally in vanilla destiny but is now part of the dark below. I imagine you can start them but not finish them.

geardo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By geardo

@meteora3255: hmm... weird. Thanks for the info though. I'm gonna try them, but like you said, I suspect that I won't be able to finish them without TTK.

Edit: I can now confirm that I can't complete those quests. I got up to the "A Kell Rising" mission in The House of Wolves and it's blocked off. Good to know lol.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.