Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Aug 19, 2014

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition (and Eternal Collection) brings both Diablo III and its expansion, Reaper of Souls, to consoles in one package with several new, exclusive features.

What class are you playing?

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Poll What class are you playing? (166 votes)

Male Barbarian 8%
    Female Barbarian 4%
    Male Crusader 16%
    Female Crusader 13%
    Male Demon Hunter 6%
    Female Demon Hunter 10%
    Male Monk 10%
    Female Monk 9%
    Male Witch Doctor 7%
    Female Witch Doctor 4%
    Male Wizard 7%
    Female Wizard 6%

If you have multiple characters, just vote for either the class that you consider your favorite, or the class that you're currently using. If you would like, feel free to also explain what caused you to choose that class.

• 
    Avatar image for deactivated-5d056614f191a
    deactivated-5d056614f191a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

Female Monk.. that Russian accent ;3 is so smexy. also fists of fury..

thomasnash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I had a go with a witch doctor but found it a bit boring. I also just felt that I wanted to actually be using the weapons I was equipping, and witch doctor seems designed around using darts?

I'd like to try a demon hunter because I like the design on her a lot more, but at the moment I'm rolling with a crusader, which is a lot of fun.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Female Monk.. that Russian accent ;3 is so smexy. also fists of fury..

I don't think it's supposed to be Russian. Sounds more like the bad attempts for Swedish accents in Skyrim. Either way, same class for me.

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Male Demonhunter. I've played the vanilla PC version as a Witch Doctor. They really changed the loot system alot, eh? I mean, I once had 3 legendaries drop within 30 mins as a level 15.
    I also had a really hard time with the DH on 'Hard' in the beginning, had to spam all my abilities to kill even the normal enemies (rare enemies were almost impossible). Now it's getting easier and easier it seems, kinda strange.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I mainly play a female demon hunter. I have found her interactions with Lydon to be amusing. :)

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

Playing a Witch Doctor. That class gets pretty interesting later on. It's kinda lame not really being able to use the weapons you find, but some of his spells are a lot of fun. Some I've also found completely useless, such as Haunt and Spirit Walk, but the zombie and dog pets are useful allies. I'll probably give the Demon Hunter a shot next.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Crusader because it is the new class and I already played the others. Plus I missed a Paladin class in D3 and the Crusader is that. I am liking the class a lot.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
    citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Playing the game for the first time, using Witch Doctor on expert. I've beaten the first major boss (I think) and I'm enjoying it but the doctor might have been a bad choice for a first timer I don't know.

I did just find a weapon that makes my frogs actually seek out enemies and explode twice which is cool but the damn frogs should seek enemies no matter what. Stupid frogs.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've played them all to varying degrees, but my favorites are probably Demon Hunter and Crusader. I played DH to death in vanilla D3, though, so my (softcore) main for endgame stuff is probably going to be a Crusader.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By glots

Monk and Demon Hunter currently. DH plays effin great with a controller! Really makes one wish something like Dead Nation would control as solid as this.

Cluter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Kinda surprised to see so few Wizards. I'm totally cool with it. I like being a unique snowflake!

Avatar image for thebluthcompany
    TheBluthCompany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By TheBluthCompany

@shatteringlast: Wizard is the freakin' best. LASERS FOR DAYS.

Also, the Female Wizard is Azula from Avatar.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

On PC, I played as a male monk and felt overpowered. When I eventually go PS4, time to give the female demon hunter a shot. A ranged female just takes me back to Torchlight.

Mortuss_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I like playing as a lady. That hits people with blunt objects.

Barbarians Forever.

whur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Female because female, and crusader because I have yet to play it

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Female Wizard and Male Monk

gerrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By gerrid

Female Monk for me, I actually didn't think much about what class I was going to choose and just sort of picked it because punching? I like that I get to punch a whole bunch of things and I get to use two weapons too. Also I didn't know that she had an eastern european accent but I like that. I have no idea if it's a good class to choose or not, but I sure do press a lot of buttons and I like how I can combo abilities together to do more damage.

I like that I am able to get right up in everybody's guts too, no kiting enemies around in big awful circles.

datarez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By datarez

Another awesome reason to play a female crusader is that the voice actor is none other than the Major from Ghost in the Shell, Mary Elizabeth McGlynn

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#19  Edited By mike

You guys really should give Witch Doctor a shot. I thought it souunded lame until I started one myself and got into it, but the pets are amazing now and the class has some unique and interesting skills. Plus, there's nothing quite like having 23 little dagger-wielding fetishes running around hitting for 7-8 million damage a piece. I made it up to Greater Rift Level 28 last night and was essentially steamrolling everything up to that point. The class doesn't have the survivability of Crusader, but man is it fun.

Maybe I'll put up some T6 footage later for you guys to check out.

dkessler175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I started as a make demon hunter. I had never played a diablo game before or even really looked at one until the QL for the ps4. I'm now level 40 and have started a barbarian and he's level 11. I think it's fair to say that I'm going to play through as every class, because a game hasn't hooked like this with me since borderlands 2.

Avatar image for sarcasticmudcrab
    SarcasticMudcrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Female Wizard and Male Monk

Same as this. Having a lot of fun with the monk but now I'm about level 25 it's really too easy on expert, 2 shotting most mobs with something insane like 300hp life on kill and 100hp life on hit with a fair dose of regen. Finished the original as a female DH on the PC and it is definitly much easier on 360 so far, hopefully this changes later on, I know it starts to get tough end game (if that's what you call it).

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sarcasticmudcrab: You can't really directly compare the difficulty levels between console & PC. Console is far easier, and not only is it easier but there are fewer enemies on screen at once and the elites have fewer affixes.

SarcasticMudcrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb said:

@sarcasticmudcrab: You can't really directly compare the difficulty levels between console & PC. Console is far easier, and not only is it easier but there are fewer enemies on screen at once and the elites have fewer affixes.

True, I noticed in the boss fight with the skeleton king, I remember the screen filling up with mobs and it being quite tricky with the DH (in a good way), she was undergeared but w/e. With the monk there were just sporadic waves of 8/10 which simply served as a way to refill the spirit bar. Not to say there aren't plenty of trash to kill throughout the world, it does get busy.

Also Im comparing the original D3 to RoS which is dumb. I am getting way better stuff tailored to my class though, I guess thats a good choice by blizzard but I got a 42% magic find ring at lvl 14, I dunno how effective that is but since then I have had litarelly millions of quality gear which has made it seem really easy, 10+k hp and 6k crit at lvl 25 seems....bit much. Dont think I could achieve that on PC even with an auction house.

Meh, still fun, I go to console to relax and have fun and it's more suited to that now.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Female Crusader.

Really, really loving this class. Don't typically play melee characters, but the sheer velocity of the Crusader's onslaught--propelled mostly by that invaluable Shield Bash skill--makes it feel like you're effortlessly cleaving swaths through hordes of enemies.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By mike

@sarcasticmudcrab: Loot 2.0 definitely improved things on the PC side as well. I still occasionally will get an off-class Legendary that just gets turned into a Soul, but for the most part I get stuff I can at least equip. The one thing I miss with having a very high-leveled character is actually finding gear upgrades...it's been probably 40-50 hours on this Witch Doctor since I equipped a new item.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Female Wizard. She's voiced by Grey DeLisle so it's great. Arcane Torrent is pretty rad.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corruptedevil: I have such a hard time getting sold on Arcane Torrent. I'm playing alone a lot, and find that the time it takes to actually hit enemies gives them the chance to run up on my dumb ass.

Have been using Ray of Frost a little more, and then switched to Disintegrate once that unlocked

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Corevi
    @historyinrust said:

@corruptedevil: I have such a hard time getting sold on Arcane Torrent. I'm playing alone a lot, and find that the time it takes to actually hit enemies gives them the chance to run up on my dumb ass.

Have been using Ray of Frost a little more, and then switched to Disintegrate once that unlocked

I built around AT as the main damage output and it just melts dudes. I play on PC though so I have no clue how it works on consoles.

bigmess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im playing a female monk in co-op with my buddy.

Im soloing a female crusader named Pootie Tang. She's unstoppable.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@historyinrust said:

I built around AT as the main damage output and it just melts dudes. I play on PC though so I have no clue how it works on consoles.

Any Rune advice? Maybe I'm just using it wrong.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corruptedevil said:
    @historyinrust said:

Any Rune advice? Maybe I'm just using it wrong.

Cascade is the only one worth using unless you are really having trouble with defense in which case Flame Ward is pretty good.

SarcasticMudcrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb: Ah yeah, the good ole' intellegence based 2 handed axe. One thing I love about these arpgs is that very thing of finding an awesome item suited for a different class, and it inspiring me to play that class, a man of many alts maybe but it's a nice part of the game. So it seems that this side to it has been somewhat nerfed to please the masses, oh well. Also the console menus for crafting, or in general even are a bit terrible, not sure why devs seem so keen to re-invent menus for console when they are porting a PC game, console games have been doing them fine for years.

overnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just finished beating Malthael with my male crusader on PS4. In the past, pre ROS I beat Diablo with a male Witch Doctor.

I just started a Female Wizard on the PS4. My goal is to run it through with this Wiz, then maybe with a DH or a Monk. I don't know if I'll ever run another Witch doctor, but I may. I don;t know if I'll run a barb though. Even though I'm sure it's fun I rarely find myself going with the default melee class in any type of game like this or WoW or whatever.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got a Male Barbarian to 70, is currently leveling a Male Witch Doctor and a Female Demon Hunter.

The plan is to get one of every class to 70.

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@village_guy: yeah I'm planning the same. I am however undecided about which gender for each class so far I've settled on male barb, female monk , male witch doctor and suggestions for the rest?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Corevi
    @carryboy said:

@village_guy: yeah I'm planning the same. I am however undecided about which gender for each class so far I've settled on male barb, female monk , male witch doctor and suggestions for the rest?

I usually choose based on voice actor. Male Demon Hunter because of Robin Atkin Downes (though Laura Bailey is the female DH), female Wizard because of Grey DeLisle and male Crusader because of Gideon Emery.

LisaTiffany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Female demon hunter at +70 / Paragon level 27, I'm tempted to go back and play through as a different class but I really love the ranged attacks and the speed and agility.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.