Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

Beginners Questions

bunnymud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bunnymud

Some things I saw in Brads video that I have yet to find out how to do them:

How do you open up a trade window and how does he get his character to talk? Not at home so I cannot check options and this question is driving me nuts

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Lukeweizer

If you press any of the number pad keys, your character speaks. Each key represents a certain emotion or saying. Not 100% what they are, but say if you press 1, your character will apologize. If you press 2, he'll saying to pick something up. It's just generic phrases. Not sure how to trade. Haven't tried it yet.

RichLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By RichLee

Click on party portraits to open trade windows.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By buft

right click the character icon and select trade, havent done much of it myself. I'm playing with friends and usually just drop stuff others can use.

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By onan

Is there any way to give items or gold to your other characters? Other than the overly complicated method of giving it to a third party to hold while you switch, I mean.

shoobs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By shoobs

@onan: all gold is account wide, so when you load up a different character your gold amount is the same. The stash is also account wide so whatever is stored in it is accesible by all your characters.

Pressing the numpad keys makes your character talk by default. Theres a bunch of other emotes that can be assigned via the key bindings in the options.

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By onan

@Shoobs said:

@onan: all gold is account wide, so when you load up a different character your gold amount is the same. The stash is also account wide so whatever is stored in it is accesible by all your characters.

Pressing the numpad keys makes your character talk by default. Theres a bunch of other emotes that can be assigned via the key bindings in the options.

OH! I guess I didn't realize that because of issues with the launch. I got achievements and items I didn't have. Also, I ended up making a character on the Euro servers out of frustration and it doesn't seem like it recognizes my US character on that server and vice versa. Thanks!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.