Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

Buying CD Keys outside of battle.net?

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By foggel

One would think that cutting out the middle man would cut the price, but it seems that we have to pay the price of convenience when buying from battle.net 

60 Euros is very steep, so I was wondering if anyone have any experience in buying CD Keys outside of battle.net? The websites I've seen seems shady. It seems like I'm buying from a key gen, and if there's something I don't want to pay for it's piracy.

StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By StrikeALight

I wouldn't risk it.

Even if the CD key is legit, I remember reading that some companies have used stolen CC details to purchase copies of said games, and selling them on. This could result in the eventual bannning of accounts.

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By foggel
    @StrikeALight: Alright, I don't think I want to risk giving my money to criminals. Either way, I looked at one site's facebook page and there were several complaints of late delivery of their code. 

I just finished my bachelor degree, and I want to play now.
    EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By EXTomar

The Battle.net digital installer works well and buying the game there shouldn't be an issue. Do you have a concern buying from Battle.net or reputable vendors like Amazon?

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By monetarydread

@EXTomar said:

The Battle.net digital installer works well and buying the game there shouldn't be an issue. Do you have a concern buying from Battle.net or reputable vendors like Amazon?

He just mentioned that 60 euros was too steep a price.

Talis12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Talis12

i thought the 60 euro was pretty steep too.. so i went to check an online store where i buy games often from and it was 65 euro's.. kept looking and finally settled at consoleshop.nl where it was sold for 50 euro and free shipping

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Bollard

@foggel: Are you allergic to discs? I know in the UK you can save anywhere up to £25 buying a disc copy instead of downloading, so yeah, get a physical copy. At least you'll know it's legit.

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By foggel
    @Chavtheworld said:

@foggel: Are you allergic to discs? I know in the UK you can save anywhere up to £25 buying a disc copy instead of downloading, so yeah, get a physical copy. At least you'll know it's legit.

Yeah, I live in China and it's impossible to get legit copies in stores here.
    StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By StrikeALight

@Chavtheworld said:

I think its pretty much sold out everywhere online. Except Amazon, where third party sellers are asking for £55 for the standard ed.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Bollard

@foggel said:

@Chavtheworld said:

Ah, you said Euros so I assumed Europe.

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Gaff

@foggel said:

@Chavtheworld said:

If possible, get someone (family, close friends) in Europe / America / a country that actually gives a damn about copyright to buy a physical copy in a store (ideally somewhere cheap but legit), then have them e-mail you the key. Then link the game to your Battle.net account and download the client.

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By foggel
    @Gaff said:

@foggel said:

@Chavtheworld said:

If possible, get someone (family, close friends) in Europe / America / a country that actually gives a damn about copyright to buy a physical copy in a store (ideally somewhere cheap but legit), then have them e-mail you the key. Then link the game to your Battle.net account and download the client.

Damn, that's clever.
    Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Karl_Boss

Diablo 3 costs 60 Euros? Damn.

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Gaff

@foggel said:

@Gaff said:

@foggel said:

@Chavtheworld said:

Damn, that's clever.

Having sent a WoW: TBC key to a friend who was working in Taiwan for a while, I speak from experience!

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FritzDude

It puzzle my mind that I can get the game for 40 Euros on internet stores with the game box, art books, soundtracks, discs and manuals, yet Blizzard offer it for 60 Euros, 20 euros more, without any goodies and it's a digital copy... Doesn't make any sense to me.

But anyway I like Gaff's idea.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ravenlight

@foggel said:

I just finished my bachelor degree

Ah, I see now why $60 is steep for you ;)

mesklinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By mesklinite

Buy on battle, quick and easy!

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By foggel
    @Ravenlight said:

@foggel said:

I just finished my bachelor degree

Ah, I see now why $60 is steep for you ;)

Actually it's more like 76 usd :) But I understand what you're saying, and yes I am a student that needs to cut costs where I can ;)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.