Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

Do not play in public games right now!

4outof5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By 4outof5

There is an exploit that allows people to clone your connection to the blizzard servers and access your account and clean you out.

Do not use quick play.

Do not join public games.

Do not open your game to the public.

I know there is a thread about the hack but anyone browsing this forum needs to see this front and center to prevent more damage.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By buft
    Scottish_Sin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Scottish_Sin

I was about to jump into some public games for the first time tonight but after reading this I think I'll hold off for a bit until we get some official word. Either way, thanks for the heads up!

rpgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By rpgee

Wow. This is not cool at all. Bad job, internet, but thanks for pointing this out.

Spitznock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Spitznock

This is unfortunate. =/

So we can't play multiplayer, and even if I wanted to play single player (which believe-you-me I muchly do), the servers are down for scheduled maintenance until noon and there's no offline option.

Unfortunate. Quite unfortunate.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Tennmuerti

You can play MP with your buddies, there are dozens of GB dudes on both EU and US side playing at many stages of the game.

For now i think it's best to playing MP just with those you know (or at least know are part of the community)

Matfei90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Matfei90
    @Tennmuerti said:

You can play MP with your buddies, there are dozens of GB dudes on both EU and US side playing at many stages of the game.

For now i think it's best to playing MP just with those you know (or at least know are part of the community)

Which is fine and all, but what I'm concerned about is any sort of potential cascade effect, i.e. if someone on your friends list has been compromised (even if you trust them, GB people, etc) that the infiltrator can somehow get to you.
    Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By Dagbiker

TRUST NO ONE.

gjedwards

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By gjedwards

i heard that this was happening to people who havn't played any public games too

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By valrog

All the heat around Diablo III is really making me paranoid. I guess I won't be playing it for some time.

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#11  Edited By Mnemoidian

Blizzard is saying that they haven't seen any signs of this being true so far - their findings have been that it's "traditional compromises".

http://www.diablofans.com/news/1214-account-security-and-public-games-hardcore-hell-diablo-3-api-blue-posts/

Interestingly, a friend's account (with an authenticator) says he was compromised just around the time these reports seems to have started popping up, but before he had installed Diablo 3. Coincidence? *shrug*.

I'll probably avoid public games for a few days myself either way.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.