Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

Elective mode

bakoomerang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By bakoomerang

I understand what elective mode does, I'm just curious since it's off by default if turning it on is considered by any as cheating or nerfing the game in some way? The skill tree was designed for only certain abilities to be available in certain slots, turning elective mode on definitely makes the game easier. Is this a point of contention for you hardcore Diablo fans or do you embrace the extra freedom it provides for character customization?

ChaosDent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ChaosDent

It's off by default so new players don't get overwhelmed by choice. The players who make it through the harder difficulties will probably all enable elective mode by that time. 

macks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By macks

It just seems to give you the ability to make your character as focused or as versatile as you want. Once you get a ton of skills, it's only natural to start figuring out which skills make you most satisfied and which ones are best for whatever situation you happen to be in.

So far for me it's eliminated a lot of the "class envy" I get when playing class-based RPGs. I can make my guy do whatever he needs to do, and it's awesome. This is the first game in the franchise I've invested a large amount of time in, so I'd also be interested to see whether or not veterans of the series are put off by the level of choice we're being given.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.