Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

I thought this was funny.

Avatar image for maskedarcstrike
    maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Not that anyone cares anymore I just find it funny.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

It's because the ads are the same across all of Blizzard's launchers.

Avatar image for deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec
    deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't get what's funny.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@theveteran13: They are advertising Diablo 3 in the Diablo 3 launcher.

maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ajamafalous: eh, I mean it's whatever but talk about pouring salt in a wound.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#6  Edited By StarvingGamer

What wound? What?

schreiberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@starvinggamer: supposedly a lot of the changes that people didnt like in diablo 3 were made because it was coming to consoles. So advertising the reason for the disliked changes is kind of a dick move

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By StarvingGamer

@schreiberty: Those arguments have always been, and continue to be, incredibly stupid. You can't be guilty of pouring salt in a wound when that wound was self-inflicted.

bgdiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Do people still play this? I thought the economy went all Weimar up in dis.

maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By maskedarcstrike

@starvinggamer: And how is it self inflicted? When key binding skills was limited to 1 through the 6 key only to map the control scheme to consoles. I don't remember any PC player saying I only want to to have six key binds available for skills at one time..

The random map generator created environments much smaller than the maps created in Diablo 2 so the game could be ported to consoles.

So will you describe or elaborate how this is self inflicted rather than spouting bullshit hyperbole.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Key binding skills was limited to 1 through the 6 key only to map the control scheme to consoles. I don't remember any PC player saying I only want to to have six key binds available for skills at one time..

That's grasping at straws. The limited skill system is an intelligent evolution of the way Diablo II was balanced. In D2, a majority of classes/builds relied on 2-3 skills for 95% of combat because every other ability sucked. This led to a cookie-cutter style of play that was incredibly boring and punished anyone not following a FAQ needlessly. In order to combat that in D3, they gave every class dozens upon dozens of extremely useful, powerful skills, and limited players to a selection of six at a time to promote balance, experimentation, and build diversity.

You might as well argue that League of Legends and DotA only have four abilities per champion because the developers wanted to put those games on consoles too. The fact of the matter is the limited skill usage in both of those games, as well as D3, makes the most sense for comfort of play, balance, and diversity. If the same mechanics from D3 were put into a new IP, no one would bat an eye. You're letting your franchise bias cloud your judgement.

The random map generator created environments much smaller than the maps created in Diablo 2 so the game could be ported to consoles.

Even if this were true, wandering around the bigger maps in Diablo 2 was a fantastic way to suck all the momentum out of the game. It's an ARPG, not an Elder Scrolls game. But you're right, it's not like Blizzad has a history of developing games that can be scaled to as many shitty old computers as possible to maximize their market potential.

maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maskedarcstrike said:

Key binding skills was limited to 1 through the 6 key only to map the control scheme to consoles. I don't remember any PC player saying I only want to to have six key binds available for skills at one time..

That's grasping at straws. The limited skill system is an intelligent evolution of the way Diablo II was balanced. In D2, a majority of classes/builds relied on 2-3 skills for 95% of combat because every other ability sucked. This led to a cookie-cutter style of play that was incredibly boring and punished anyone not following a FAQ needlessly. In order to combat that in D3, they gave every class dozens upon dozens of extremely useful, powerful skills, and limited players to a selection of six at a time to promote balance, experimentation, and build diversity.

You might as well argue that League of Legends and DotA only have four abilities per champion because the developers wanted to put those games on consoles too. The fact of the matter is the limited skill usage in both of those games, as well as D3, makes the most sense for comfort of play, balance, and diversity. If the same mechanics from D3 were put into a new IP, no one would bat an eye. You're letting your franchise bias cloud your judgement.

@maskedarcstrike said:

Even if this were true, wandering around the bigger maps in Diablo 2 was a fantastic way to suck all the momentum out of the game. It's an ARPG, not an Elder Scrolls game. But you're right, it's not like Blizzad has a history of developing games that can be scaled to as many shitty old computers as possible to maximize their market potential.

While it's off topic, LoL and Dota only have four abilities because they are based off of Warcraft 3 heroes which only had four abilities.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starvinggamer: Which is why telesorcs with map hacks (in most cases) were mandatory for Baal runs

maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starvinggamer: Righttttttttt. Which is why they took out Bowazon's, Javazon's, Frozen Orb Sorc, Fire Wall Sorc. Hell the fucking amazon had twice as many weapon options as a fucking demon hunter!!

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Hey I heard the economy won't suck/won't exist in new D3, hurray. I wonder how many years it will take for me to be interested in that game again.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By StarvingGamer

@maskedarcstrike: Yeah great, 2 weapons and 4 viable skills is so much more appealing than 1 weapon and dozens and dozens of viable skills, which isn't even the case because Demon Hunters have 3 class-specific weapons, and a handful of workable builds using other weapons.

cbarnes86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be honest, I've thought about picking up the console version. Would be a lot of fun with family members who don't have a good PC and/or times we all want to play but not be at our own computer. I love Diablo 3 for the PC so I would this this is just as good. Not sure how the inventory works on the same screen, but the interface looks great when four people are playing!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.