Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

What have you learned about your class?

• 70 results
    TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#51  Edited By TobbRobb

@Seppli: Yeah a buddy found out the other day. He went from being bait for our traps to a legitimate damage dealer.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Hunkulese
    @Tennmuerti

I learned from my Monk that "Diablo destroys mice" is not an idle boast. When you have over 2.5 attacks per second and are using Fists of Thunder which speed you up even more. I think my left click on the mouse is starting to show symptoms.

I hope you're trying to be funny.
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#53  Edited By Tennmuerti

@Hunkulese said:

@Tennmuerti

I learned from my Monk that "Diablo destroys mice" is not an idle boast. When you have over 2.5 attacks per second and are using Fists of Thunder which speed you up even more. I think my left click on the mouse is starting to show symptoms.

Mostly serious. :(

dourin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By dourin

For late-level monks (probably 40's and above), you actually don't want to take runes that reduce spirit costs of abilities. Instead, having the passive that heals you for spirit used, and runing/gearing for increased spirit regen, you get some crazy self healing, and turn things like Wave of Light into amazing healing abilities, which are very helpful for the later difficulties. Also, One With Everything appears to be the most useful passive in the entire Monk passive arsenal, especially when combined with the Time of Need rune for Mantra of Healing.

Oh, and Exploding Palm with Essence Burn is pretty much the best thing ever.

Avatar image for saffronrevolution
    SaffronRevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@Seppli: I only have a LVL 19 Demon Hunter at the moment, but my build roughly resembles yours so far. I find mapping Arrow Skills (such as Entanglement and Bola shot) to the Keyboard helps me manage to keep my dude at a ranged distance from enemies, and also free's up a mouse slot for evasive maneuvers allowing me to dodge roll more readily to specific locations than if I had mapped it to the keyboard. I snatch a lot of hard to retrieve health orbs with the mouse 'dodge roll' that I wouldn't bother to with it assigned to a keyboard shortcut.

Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3d2213a4d
    deactivated-64ba3d2213a4d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

As a Wizard, Ray of Frost with the Cold Blooded Rune and Storm armour with the rune which reduces arcane power usage of spells makes Ray of Frost use next to no power at all (with Diamond Skin and Prism it is reduced literally to 0.)

I'm toying with using this combination instead of having a signature spell equipped. It's going well so far.

AxleBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By AxleBro

i've learned im the only monk on nightmare who isn't a jackass that brings 4 high spirit cost aoe skills (you only need 1 or 2) and no heals/buffs/utility.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Hunkulese

@Tennmuerti said:

@Hunkulese said:

@Tennmuerti

You can just hold down the mouse button.

uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By uniform

A lot of stuff I was basically expecting. I've only played a DH up to this point, currently level 48. After Hell I'll have to use the survivability spec that every other DH is forced to use. Have to use a 2h bow and quiver to maximize my DPS, as opposed to dual-wielding crossbows, which I find more enjoyable. But yeah, end-game isn't about enjoyment. Y'know, the usual Blizzard end-game stuff.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By Zirilius

Lvl 40 with my Demon Hunter.

Entangling Shot - Heavy Burden

Elemental Arrow - Ball of Lightning

Fan of Knives - Hail of Knives

Smoke Screen - Lingering Fog

Sentry - Spitfire

Rain of Vengeance - Dark Cloud

Not optimized so much for DPS but survival. Using a 2hand Crossbow, basically just shoot balls of lighting if things get close Entangle, back up, repeat. For tougher mobs I'll Rain of Vengeance and drop the sentry in the event I need to kite I'm still doing moderate DPS. When all hell breaks lose pop smoke screen and run away. Probably not the best build but having a lot of fun with it.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Tennmuerti

@Hunkulese said:

@Tennmuerti said:

@Hunkulese said:

@Tennmuerti

You can just hold down the mouse button.

I am very well aware. On a single monster yes. When you have 20 around you no.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Hunkulese
    @Tennmuerti even with multiple enemies you can hold the button down if you're using the same skill.
    TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#63  Edited By TheHT

I learned that two crossbows are more badass than one crossbow.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Tennmuerti

@Hunkulese said:

@Tennmuerti even with multiple enemies you can hold the button down if you're using the same skill.

If they are in the same direction and next to each other yea sure the skill can chain OR if you are holding down shift and standing in one place.

When you are using the teleport from Thuderclap to blink all over the screen in 360 degrees no.

Hold down any standard atack move on a melee class (without shift which makes you rooted to the spot), as soon as there are no enemies next to each other near your mouse the game will stop the attack, so you will need to reclick for an enemy a bit further away or in a slighly different direction.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#65  Edited By Giantstalker

As a Wizard, so far (L50)...

• Hydra is better than I thought, it's a really good deal to drop one for only 15 arcane
    • Disintegrate with volatility is probably my favorite ability in the game
    • Magic Weapon boosts damage considerably, and it affects spells, which did not initially occur to me when I first got it
    • Energy Armor seems like the most effective of the protective armor spells, really keeps you alive (as opposed to just freezing or shocking enemies)
    • Teleport with wormhole is incredibly effective at saving your life, even out of 'jail' effects or walls (you can't teleport while frozen, though)
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#66  Edited By jakob187

Barbarians are not nearly the beefy bricks that they are supposed to be when put up against an at-level difficulty factor. Meanwhile, I've learned that monks and wizards are the classes to roll.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#67  Edited By Seppli

Revised my build one last time. I think it's pretty much perfect now. At least for solo play. Held up for beating Act I Inferno swiftly thus far.

I had to change the Rune on Impale from Chemical Burn (additional +125% Weapon Dmg as a 2sec DoT) to Overpenetration (shoot through everything in a straight line). Had to give up some singletarget damage for this utility - in order to deal more efficiently with shielded enemies and immortal minions.

Yeah - I could just reset skills in order to deal with such a thing, but I'm just no longer willing to sacrifice the Nephalem Valor buff for such a thing.

Current Build

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#68  Edited By Seppli

For Demon Hunters: Treasure Goblins don't run away, if you DPS them from Smokescreen.

Have fun!

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By kishinfoulux

@Protome said:

As a Wizard, Ray of Frost with the Cold Blooded Rune and Storm armour with the rune which reduces arcane power usage of spells makes Ray of Frost use next to no power at all (with Diamond Skin and Prism it is reduced literally to 0.)

I'm toying with using this combination instead of having a signature spell equipped. It's going well so far.

I do the same thing but with Disintegrate and Meteor.

Speaking of Meteor that's the next thing I'll add to the topic. I've come to learn that Meteor actually doesn't suck. In fact I now love it. <3

@Giantstalker said:

As a Wizard, so far (L50)...

• Hydra is better than I thought, it's a really good deal to drop one for only 15 arcane
    • Disintegrate with volatility is probably my favorite ability in the game
    • Magic Weapon boosts damage considerably, and it affects spells, which did not initially occur to me when I first got it
    • Energy Armor seems like the most effective of the protective armor spells, really keeps you alive (as opposed to just freezing or shocking enemies)
    • Teleport with wormhole is incredibly effective at saving your life, even out of 'jail' effects or walls (you can't teleport while frozen, though)

I pretty much agree with all of that (except I don't use Teleport). Hydra is fantastic (Venom especially).

happypup70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#70  Edited By happypup70

Being A demon hunter I have been keeping checking out all of the different builds people are using. I find it fascinating that people are using skills that I haven't touched. the only change I have made since the beginning of nightmare was adding smokescreen. Now in act two of hell I am playing around with some of these other skills. Bola shot just doesn't do it for me. So far my favorite damage dealing skills are hungering arrow rapid shot and strafe. with bat companion sentry with medkit and smokescreen. Sentry is actually real useful for kiting. It doesn't do the best damage but it is satisfying to be running around champions while watching their health bars steadily drop. Rapid fire does great damage for both single targets and groups with the penetration rune. It is also extremely fun to watch the health bars of bosses just drain as a stream of white and yellow numbers pops out of their heads.

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

#71  Edited By Addfwyn

Monk: Current Build (I'd replace the Mantra of Healing rune with +20% all resistances when I can get it, and probably trade Seize for Near Death Experience)

-ALWAYS have Serenity with you, and save it for when you actually need it. 3/4 second invincibility that breaks crowd control is absolutely vital, and has saved me from losing my Monk on numerous occasions. I'd argue there is no more useful Monk ability.

-Even if you're running Serenity, Pacifism is another must have life saver. It's the only thing that will save you when stunned and Serenity is down.

-SSS is like a second faux-invincibility. It can give you a few seconds of breathing room to dodge damage and wait for your other cool downs to come up. Unless you are 110% comfortable with what you are fighting, save it as a defensive cool down.

-2 handers are typically not worthwhile unless it is drowning in Vit. You give up either a shield's armour and block or 15% dodge (from Guardian's Path when dual-wielding) by using one, which is a huge survivability hit in either case, even if you end up with more damage.

Monk has some pretty tremendous survivability, so absolutely should be taking advantage of it wherever you can. Never be complacent, especially after Normal.

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Heltom92

@Nekrokreuz said:

@SpunkyHePanda

@freakin9 said:

As a lvl 17 Wizard, just that homing missiles are the new hotness, sorry ice beam. I didn't think I'd ever want to replace you, but it happened, deal with it.

Just wait for Disintegrate. I can't remember what my life was like before Disintegrate.

And then Chaos Nexus Disintegrate on top of that. Wet dream dps.

Is disentegrate really that great? I tried it out when I first got it but quickly replaced it with arcane torrent again.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Jack268

I'm still relatively low level but I run two one handed crossbows with the piercing arrow thing with the pierce chance up rune (sorry for not remembering names here) I find it really effective for taking down large packs when I don't have enough Hatred to spam dual chakrams which I've also found to be incredibly effective.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.