Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Digital: A Love Story

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Mar 04, 2010

Set in 1988, the player assumes the role of a youth armed only with an "Amie" Workbench PC and a 14k modem. Dial into BBSs, fall in love, and possibly save the new internet.

Sort of stuck...anyone have thoughts?

cardician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By cardician

So I d/l this game and was enjoying it mostly. I don't understand why the game is entirely one sided. How can I form any kind of connection to anything when I'm unable to read the emails my "character" sends and can only read replies. I just have to guess at what's being discussed? Not a fan of that at all.

Regardless, I did seem to get stuck. I managed to get a password to hack into the 212 BBS and read the email that talked about increasing the last digit. Got in and looked at one message and was disconnected. I then got an email from Delphi. Did this twice more and on the third time when I looked at the email my system went all screwy. What's the deal? Is there some way to avoid that? Should I not read that email and just keep connecting and downloading stuff from the website? I tried reloading an earlier save but for some reason this time it didn't happen. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks.

aleryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By aleryn

Sounds like you got a virus inside the game.  Something about a graphic buffer overflow or something like that, going purely from memory here of playing it once. 

You can get a file from the second BBS you connect to in the game, from the list of messages as an attachment.  Once you've downloaded it, you gots it.  Then when you get the visual virus, save your game, and then reboot the work station from the menu you access from the upper right corner.  After you reload your save, the virus will be gone.  The reason?  That file you downloaded is an image of a clean version of your OS that is loaded after you reload/reboot the game. 

If that makes no sense, sorry... again going from memory and can't go dig up a faq or my game right now.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By JJWeatherman

As far as I know, you just reboot by quiting and loading up again. Worked for me.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By ch13696

I've been hearing about this game. I read the description and this sounds interesting enough for me to waste my time on. Thanks a lot.

ItBeStefYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By ItBeStefYo

need to download those messages then you can read them when disconnected

cardician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By cardician

Thanks for the info. So apparently I did the right thing, since I did reload a game from before I had opened that infected email from Delphi thinking I would just avoid opening it this time. However when I then connected to that BBS the game started progressing and I thought perhaps it was some weird fluke or bug. Guess I did the right thing. Interesting. 

Alright, well thanks all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.