Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DiRT 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 24, 2011

Dirt 3 is the latest installment in Codemasters' long-running Colin McRae Rally franchise. The game returns to the series' rally roots with dynamic weather, a career focusing on team-based racing, as well as introducing the freestyle event: Gymkhana.

lock ups in rally events?

voodooterror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By voodooterror

Every time i play a rally event (so far that's the only event where I've had this issue), the game locks up on the loading screen after the first race.

I've done everything on the Microsoft Xbox support page barring requesting a repair as its not an issue with my console because it only happens with this game.

I've also contacted Codemasters about this but they just keep directing me towards the MS support page despite telling them that I've tried it all several times

Has anybody else has this problem?

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By 234r2we232

There was an issue where the game was known to "soft lock" on the loading screens during races if you had the 360 Guide up, but I believe that was patched... maybe. So it could be something different.

If the game isn't installed, install it. If it is, remove it. E-mail Codemasters? Clear the memory cache? Tweak some of the options?

voodooterror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By voodooterror

it must be something different because it only locks on the loading screen after the first race of a rally event, all other events run fine

ive tried all the usual fix's but its still happening, and codemasters so far have been no help

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By 234r2we232

IIRC it was the same when it happened to me. It would always be after I had completed something and during a loading screen, but only ever when the Guide was up. It hasn't happened in a long time, but I haven't gone back to any of the Dirt Tour races. Did it start happening only after the title update?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.