Disney Infinity - Jeff's New Black Hole

#1 Posted by ch3burashka (5112 posts) -

What's the over-under of Jeff devolving into a child (again) and buying all the goddamn Disney figures? On a scale of 1-10, how much enjoyment will you derive from the Bombcast segments where he sighs deeply as he describes both his dwindling money supplies and physical space?

On a more serious note, I do hope Disney makes it much more of a "game" than Skylanders. I haven't played Skylanders, but the copious amount of video footage on GB alone makes it look like a shittier Gauntlet. There's nothing wrong with Gauntlet, but that became stale about a decade ago.

Also, if there was a crazy black market surrounding the Skylanders toys (for a franchise no one game a poop about before), just imagine the mania and scalping that will occur with Disney-branded products. I'm not a fan of scalping, but it sure seems like a tantalizing proposition.

Just to spice this thread up, here's the announcement trailer, in case you hadn't seen it. I'm not too big a fan of the slightly-chibi take on the characters, but it's better than the shitty "Miis" from Disney Universe. What a goddamn sham that was...

#2 Posted by vegetashonor (632 posts) -

I think its a good chance. Hell, I'm even kinda into this. I have a new born and a step son. I could use some more family friendly things in the house. I just beat farcry3. I need a break...lol

#3 Posted by drag (1223 posts) -

i think he's over it

#4 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

....Did Jeff even said he was interested into this?

#5 Posted by BBAlpert (1526 posts) -

I'm not really seeing Jeff going back down that hole again, at least not in the way he did with Skylanders originally. Two main reasons:

• He already did it once. Judging by his reaction to Giants, it seemed like the magic had already started to fade. There was also the fact that Giants had other problems, but still.
  • These are established characters and franchises, so there's not as much room for his own special interpretations of the characters (I'm looking at you, Drobot). So unless he has some separate hidden love of Sully and Jack Sparrow that could match the charm of a dragon that's also a robot that may or may not love him some weed, the immediate attraction just won't be there.

That being said, I hate to admit it but I do think the idea of a "let's do a crazy Disney mashup, but this time without a convoluted anime plot and Squaresoft fan service" game does have a certain guilty appeal. Not completely sold on the idea, but if they announced that you could play as Robin Hood... that might be another story.

#6 Posted by TooWalrus (13232 posts) -

Jeff doesn't give a fuck about this disney shit.

#7 Posted by august (3853 posts) -

Jeff said he's not interested because he doesn't like Disney stuff.

#8 Posted by ch3burashka (5112 posts) -

@vegetashonor: As a new father, did you/will you get into Skylanders? Do you see it as a good family game, or a legitimate game you yourself would be interested in?

#9 Posted by Sweep (8913 posts) -

Ain't no drobot, son.

#10 Posted by Demoskinos (15009 posts) -

@Sweep said:

Ain't no drobot, son.

Jack Sparrow > Drobot

#11 Posted by Sweep (8913 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@Sweep said:

Ain't no drobot, son.

Jack Sparrow > Drobot

It's a dragon and a robot. This isn't even an argument.

#12 Posted by Demoskinos (15009 posts) -

@Sweep said:

@Demoskinos said:

@Sweep said:

Ain't no drobot, son.

Jack Sparrow > Drobot

Jack Sparrow bitch slapped a kraken and he would bitch slap Drobot too.

#13 Posted by Sweep (8913 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@Sweep said:

@Demoskinos said:

@Sweep said:

Ain't no drobot, son.

Jack Sparrow > Drobot

Uh... actually the kraken ate him and he died. And then they rescued him from Davey Jones Locker. Right?

#14 Posted by Demoskinos (15009 posts) -

@Sweep said:

@Demoskinos said:

@Sweep said:

@Demoskinos said:

@Sweep said:

Ain't no drobot, son.

Jack Sparrow > Drobot

Uh... actually the kraken ate him and he died. And then they rescued him from Davey Jones Locker. Right?

I don't know what version of the movie you watched but he busted out a Kamehameha and fried that over sized squid.

#15 Posted by BisonHero (6671 posts) -
@TooWalrus
Jeff doesn't give a fuck about this disney shit.
Pretty much. This new series won't get as Square-Enix crazy dumb as Kingdom Hearts, but combining all of those Disney franchises is still going to be pretty dumb.
#16 Posted by jaycrockett (467 posts) -

Jeff's over it. Skylanders Giants is a pretty good sequel and the fact he couldn't get past the first few levels is telling.

As a father of young kids who plays Skylanders, I'm somewhat interested in the Disney thing. I'm sort of burned out on collecting the toys, personally.

Really depends on what Disney properties they bring in. My kids don't know Mr. Incredible or Jack Sparrow. Put Jake and the Neverland pirates in there? They'd flip.

#17 Posted by ch3burashka (5112 posts) -

@jaycrockett said:

Jeff's over it. Skylanders Giants is a pretty good sequel and the fact he couldn't get past the first few levels is telling.

As a father of young kids who plays Skylanders, I'm somewhat interested in the Disney thing. I'm sort of burned out on collecting the toys, personally.

Really depends on what Disney properties they bring in. My kids don't know Mr. Incredible or Jack Sparrow. Put Jake and the Neverland pirates in there? They'd flip.

Your kids are weird. Or you're a bad father for never showing them The Incredibles.

#18 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Nothing will ever top Jeff's obsession with the original Skylanders.

Also, Drobot is the illest.

#19 Posted by Levio (1784 posts) -

Can we play as any Disney character? I'm gonna roll Hannah Montana tank spec and find a Lizzie McGuire healer to run dungeons with and have e-makeouts while the mods are asleep.

#20 Posted by Coombs (3449 posts) -

Really loving the idea of this game, And most of the characters look pretty good but Sulley just looks... wrong

#21 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

What makes you think Jeff likes anything about Disney or Pixar? I think he said such thing once.

#22 Posted by Captain_Felafel (1576 posts) -

Jeff has a pretty vocal disdain for most, if not all, things Disney. Also, no Drobot.

#23 Posted by Cheesebob (1243 posts) -

Needs more old dude from Up

#24 Edited by theharleyquin (47 posts) -

"I wanna ride Dumbo...*cries*" - Jeff

#25 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3190 posts) -

This is such a great idea.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.