Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Divekick

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Aug 20, 2013

Rising to prominence through the American fighting game community, Divekick is an indie fighting game that distills the controls into two simple buttons, requiring clever strategy as players try to score the first hit with their divekick attack!

Get your DIVEKICK League logos here!!

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By jacksukeru

Got this weird urge to drink Pepsi all of a sudden.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Klei

I have no idea why people talk about this game. It looks horrible to me. I guess I must be one misguided sheep.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

@klei: because it looks like fun? Just because some people like it doesn't mean everyone has too.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By LiquidPrince

@klei said:

I have no idea why people talk about this game. It looks horrible to me. I guess I must be one misguided sheep.

It's a giant parody of the entire fighting game community, games, people and companies all. Wrapped in a fairy fun game. I wonder when the real art will be applied though. The placeholder art looks pretty shitty.

mccarron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By mccarron

Thanks for sharing the artwork @gaspower! I too also have a sudden urge to drink Pepsi @jacksukeru.

What placeholder art? MOST of the art you see in screenshots at the top of the Divekick Wiki Article is the final artwork (few exceptions due to older builds, etc). It's later at the bottom under the "Prototype" section you see the original placeholder artwork.

But I'm sure that's not the answer you want to hear. I think the art style fits what they are doing, but I've played a lot of the game.

mattscout007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

@mccarron said:

Thanks for sharing the artwork @gaspower! I too also have a sudden urge to drink Pepsi @jacksukeru.

What placeholder art? MOST of the art you see in screenshots at the top of the Divekick Wiki Article is the final artwork (few exceptions due to older builds, etc). It's later at the bottom under the "Prototype" section you see the original placeholder artwork.

But I'm sure that's not the answer you want to hear. I think the art style fits what they are doing, but I've played a lot of the game.

Pretty sure it was a joke dude. Dave Lang or Keits (Don't remember who) said almost the same exact joke during the TNT where they played Divekick. They continue to make similar jokes during E-sports hours too.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GaspoweR

@klei: Well the art isn't super attractive to people but as a game it is A TON OF FUN. You can still get to be super competitive and it doesn't require one to have really crazy good and consistent execution. All that's left is just the mind games.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mccarron: No prob, sir! The logos are pretty rad.

(Yes, I said "rad".)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.