I have VD, what's next?

#1 Edited by Brighty (251 posts) -

I like Vergil's Downfall, and after playing with it for a while I've diagnosed the gameplay as not only being up to snuff, but a refreshing change of pace from playing as Dante. I enjoyed seeing his character arc progress and it was interesting to see Dante from another perspective outside of the main character. I like Vergil's new alternate costume as well, it's almost like another version of "Hell Powered Vergil" aka how he'd look after DMC3 - I think its really reminiscent of his look from the older games and I think it suits him well after what he's endured in the DLC.

This thread isn't about that though, my question is about the future for this game, are there any more plans for future DLC down the line? I know the Bloody Palace DLC came out earlier, has there been any announcement to update it with Vergil being playable? It seems Ninja Theory kind of went dark about DmC after the game came out and judging from their Twitter it loosely seems like they're working on another project entirely. MGR is getting three separate pieces of DLC (I think one already came out on PSN this week, and two more on the way with two new playable characters) and when compared to DmC's support I'd hate for this meaty downloadable content (that I really enjoyed) to just wind up being a proverbial one night stand by comparison.

#2 Posted by Damodar (1342 posts) -

Antibiotics, I guess? Have you seen a doctor?

I guess it's hard to guess from afar what sort of post release support this will actually see. Heavenly Sword didn't get any, but didn't Enslaved get about three pieces of DLC that were quite good? Vergil's Downfall sales will perhaps dictate if there is any more.

#3 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7076 posts) -

@damodar said:

I guess it's hard to guess from afar what sort of post release support this will actually see. Heavenly Sword didn't get any, but didn't Enslaved get about three pieces of DLC that were quite good? Vergil's Downfall sales will perhaps dictate if there is any more.

Son, you did not disappoint.

#4 Edited by Demoskinos (14757 posts) -

And were comparing this to Metal Gear Rising's DLC plans why? There is nothing else for them to explore with this game. I'd much rather them start on the new project anyways.

#5 Posted by Brighty (251 posts) -

@damodar said:

what

#6 Edited by Brighty (251 posts) -

@demoskinos said:

And were comparing this to Metal Gear Rising's DLC plans why? There is nothing else for them to explore with this game. I'd much rather them start on the new project anyways.

I think there's plenty more to explore with the game with the way things have left off. but we'll see in time.

#7 Posted by Zella (729 posts) -

Only thing I can imagine is possibly a Vergil Bloody Palace mode, but apparently the devs said they can't put him in the normal BP mode because of the coloured enemies. There isn't much they can cover story wise either that couldn't just be handled in DmC 2.

#10 Posted by casper_ (903 posts) -

you ought to call everyone you have had encounters with to inform them and suggest that they see a doctor.

#11 Posted by punkxblaze (2971 posts) -

@brighty said:

@damodar said:

what

Venereal Disease, son.

What's next is they need to make Vergil playable in bloody palace, or give Vergil's Downfall its own Bloody Palace mode.

#12 Posted by Brighty (251 posts) -

real mature you guys

#13 Posted by Milkman (16647 posts) -

@damodar said:

Goddamn, I clicked this thread so excitedly thinking "oh man I got a great goof for this" and first goddamn post, it's gone. I've been out goofed again... :(

#14 Posted by chrissedoff (2082 posts) -

This takes courage to admit.

#15 Posted by Sinusoidal (1410 posts) -

The perils of turning every bloody game into an acronym.

#16 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -
@damodar said:

First comment out of the gate and it says it all.

#17 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2239 posts) -

I know right? Fuck if I start reading threads and everyone is acronyming every game they are talking about making it super annoying to figure out what the hell everyone is talking about.

@damodar said:

Damn right.

#18 Posted by Humanity (9050 posts) -

@sinusoidal said:

I know right? Fuck if I start reading threads and everyone is acronyming every game they are talking about making it super annoying to figure out what the hell everyone is talking about.

@joshthebear said:
@damodar said:

Damn right.

An untreated VD can lead to all sorts of complications, if hair does not stay white for more than 5 hours consult your medical physician immediately.

#19 Posted by Yummylee (21496 posts) -

Ha.

#20 Posted by ThunderSlash (1679 posts) -

@damodar said:

#21 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Cranberry juice?

#22 Posted by Brodehouse (9848 posts) -

VD is like secrets; if you got 'em you might as well spread 'em around!

#23 Edited by Humanity (9050 posts) -

@brodehouse: You visit VGcharts often enough and you're bound to come back with a little something extra

#24 Edited by rolanthas (242 posts) -

Well if anything, they'll probably do a BP tuned for Vergil, since that seems to be the most obvious + most requested thing atm. I'm kinda baffled they didn't include one in this.

( If not, there are DmC modders out there now, I'm sure they can cook something up in that regard. There's already a re-tuned Dante BP mod. )

One , very unlikely, thing I'd love to see is a Sparda DLC ( said it's unlikely ) where we can play him and see how Mundus arrived at Earth. This could also be used as a setup to the next game ( if it ever exists), since it seemed like Dante somehow "unchained" Sparda when he was getting his demon / angel abilities ( again, assuming the statue was a literal representation, not Dante's heritage abstracted ).

But this is so far into the fan fiction territory that I'm kinda ashamed to have imagined it. I'm just insanely curious about Sparda since DMC 1.

#25 Posted by Jams (2960 posts) -

#26 Edited by Picsl (201 posts) -

Sorry about your venereal disease, man. First of all you should go to the doctor, then you should contact all the people you have slept with since contracting the disease. Hope you're alright, good luck to you.

PS: I think you posted this to the DMC board by accident...

#27 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@bright Contact everyone you have come into sexual contact with lately and let them know the bad news.

#28 Edited by psylah (2170 posts) -

@thunderslash: Drag and drop gifs into the text box to have them work.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.