Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Doom

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 13, 2016

In a world with health regeneration and cover-based systems, one of the longest-running first-person shooter series returns to its brutal, fast-paced roots.

Quake Con 08: Doom 4

pwnmaster3001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By pwnmaster3001

from http://kotaku.com/5031779/doom-4-to-use-3x-the-horsepower-of-rage-run-at-30-fps

"John Carmack revealed at the opening day of QuakeCon today that "the nextDoom", which we'll just call Doom 4 for now, will surpass the already announced Rage, running on id Tech 5, in visual quality."The next DOOM game will look like it's built on another engine, as it uses three times the horsepower," Carmack said, according to a 1UP report.That visual fidelity will come at a price though, as Carmack says that Doom 4will run at 30 frames per second, compared to Rage's 60 frames per second. The only other details provided by Carmack on Doom 4 was that the game would feature "guns, blood, demons, and gibs." Should've sent a poet..."

predator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By predator

Some interesting new news at Shacknews:http://www.shacknews.com/featuredarticle.x?id=956

During an interview with Shacknews, id Software president John Carmack described Doom 4 as being "significantly different" than Doom 3.

When asked whether the game will be rooted in the horror genre, Carmack indicated that it will instead focus more on pure action elements a la Doom 2.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By napalm

Oh, man I don't know. I mean... Doom 3 was so freaking scary and just fear-crippling. I'd love for them to do something similar with Doom 4. I understand what he means by pure action elements. I would also love a full-blown shotgun-blasting experience with a big "fuck you" to the portal to hell rather than a more ambience driven Doom title. I just hope for a couple things:

1. The weapon sounds (especially the shotgun) is way louder and sounds a helluva a lot more powerful.
    2. Another way to use the flashlight. I didn't find the switching to be a problem, hell, it's what helped the atmosphere, but it would make more sense to have a dim-light head flashlight or a small flashlight on your gun. A good way to keep the ambience without the game screaming FLASHLIGHT HEADLIGHT FJSLDFJSLFGJSL.
     3. For the love of god, make the Doomguy fire and reload the goddamn shotgun faster! Not only that, but give him a melee attack for his weapon.
    4. They should really look into an Earth wasteland Doom game. Like, they could do a "right before the invasion of Earth" Doom 4, but they could also do a "20 years later ruined Earth" Doom 4.

Either way, I'm so excited to see what Carmack and others will do with the Doom franchise. No Doom game has yet to disappoint.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.