Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, and The Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Dec 04, 2015

A short heist game directed by Stanley Parable's William Pugh. The game hinges on the the player's choice to follow the instructions or completely disregard them.

The designer of Stanley Parable and his new team have released a pretty great short free narrative game

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm not quite 100 percent sure what occurred, but the creators of Stanley Parable have gone their separate ways. Wreden released the interesting The Beginner's Guide, and Pugh created a new team called CrowsCrowsCrows.

Anyway, CrowsCrowsCrows released a game today on Steam, and it is completely free, and it is only half an hour long at most. It also heavily features Simon Amstell. It's pretty excellent, and that's all I'm going to say about it for now, until some more have played it as well.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/409160/

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

#2  Edited By Y2Ken

Ooh, I saw someone talking this up on Twitter yesterday. I like Simon Amstell too. I'll check this out!

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

When I saw the title I thought it's an entry for Giant ROM.

Macka1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Loved it. Really takes to heart the 'brevity is the soul of wit' adage. Hilarious, in that offbeat British manner, with a fair dose of witty cuts to gaming culture. Can't wait to see what else CrowsCrowsCrows puts together.

Baal_Sagoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By Baal_Sagoth

Very nice little game and well worth trying at no cost. It's quite reminiscent of The Stanley Parable demo. Though I'm not excited to see dozens of games attempting to re-tell the same joke over and over again now. Hopefully Crows Crows Crows make something distinctly different from that established style. The joke was really very fucking funny the first time around - don't drive it into the ground!

Seeing all those dumb-ass fake reviews and meme-regurgitating posts on Steam gives me the vibe that games like these might just attract terrible people. Still, limiting my response purely to the game, Dr. Langeskov is a wonderful and creative way to promote your new indie studio! The "dev commentary" really made my day among various other amusing moments.

justicejanitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By justicejanitor

The Steam Description is hilarious.

OnionKnight14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Jack from Friends at the Table (Austin's actual play podcast) worked on this game as a composer. Looks awesome!

CrimsonJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked it a lot but I feel like you need to watch the trailer before you play it so you don't miss some of the premise. (at least I couldn't find it in the game)

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

The "dev commentary" really made my day among various other amusing moments.

Wait how the hell do you pick up those tapes?? I tried to pick up every single one.

Baal_Sagoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By Baal_Sagoth

@evilsbane: I completely missed it the first time too so there's a chance it's random but on my second playthrough there was a cassette recorder right at the beginning. Pick that up first and it will play any subsequent tapes on interaction. Worth it in my book!

TreeTrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Those cassette tapes made me laugh so hard my stomach hurt.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the heads up, that was a fun ride. And I agree that it's worth a second run through just to listen to the tapes. Simon Amstell is pretty excellent.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It was interesting, makes me wonder what they are going to come up with next that I would actually pay for.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

So, if you go to r/crowscrowscrows, there's a lot of theory's being thrown around that there is so much more to this game than meets the eye. Everyone is looking for hidden puzzles and clues and trying to make sense of everything. Most of everything seems to stem from the trailer where there is a lot of footage not seen in the game.

gbrading

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 5

It's good, I liked it. I'm not Simon Amstell's biggest fan but he plays his role well here. I especially liked it when he wanted me to pull the elevator lever. On the other hand I didn't find the cassette tapes for the "pencils" idea funny; I seem in the minority on that one.

I still prefer The Stanley Parable demo (in some ways I found the demo better than the main game), but this was good too.

austin_walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Jack from Friends at the Table (Austin's actual play podcast) worked on this game as a composer. Looks awesome!

Just saw this! Jack was writer on the game!

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

How will I refund my money after I find it ethically objectionable if it's free?

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"This heavily plagiarises a game in the mid-nineties narrated by Mark Lamarr. See you in court."

Man, Mark Lamarr. Where you at, man?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@evilsbane: I completely missed it the first time too so there's a chance it's random but on my second playthrough there was a cassette recorder right at the beginning. Pick that up first and it will play any subsequent tapes on interaction. Worth it in my book!

I looked around and didn't see any recorder on my first playthough (just finished it). The only thing I was able to pick up were coins and sticky notes which I didn't find out how to actually view later. I imagine maybe you can use the big calculator thing to punch numbers in?

It was a cute experience although I think the constant narration is somewhat at odds with all the text strewn around for the player to read. At least I personally found it super distracting when I was trying to read those letters and the narrator kept constantly cutting in. It's a great joke and works super well in Portal but when I'm actually trying to read things there is a strangely out of place sense of urgency I found a bit distracting.

Pabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Just played through this and found it really enjoyable! That Simon Amstell is very easy to listen to, and I was smiling ear to ear in most parts revolving around doing/not doing what he said. Not sure what some of the collectible stuff means--you can pick up coins and post-it notes--but I'm going to head back in soon for another go.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.