Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age II

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 08, 2011

This sequel to Dragon Age: Origins features faster combat, a new art style, and a brand new, fully voiced main character named Hawke.

Screen Tearing (Ps3 version)

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By musubi

So, just  kinda throwing this out there to see if anyone else is experiencing screen tearing in the game.   Baaaaad screen tearing too.    I'm not sure about the PC/360 versions however I've played the Ps3 version and most notably on the dialog sequences I can' often spot it.  

Even in a few areas turning the camera  causes tearing. 

Just trying to see if I'm crazy or if  this is actually as bad an issue as I think it is at least with the Ps3 version. 

I've also had multiple freezes on top of the screen tearing.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By McGhee

I've not noticed any tearing, but definitely a whole lot of crashes. This game crashes more than New Vegas ever did. lol

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By musubi
    @McGhee_the_Insomniac: I've had a few freezes as well.   The one day I had like 3-4 in one day and haven't had any since.  Weird.    Some people "claim" the freezing happens more often if you don't let the auto-save finish  or you skip through dialog sequences quickly.   

I don't think theres any concrete proof of that but... something to take into consideration I suppose.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By xyzygy

I have actually not noticed one single screen tear in 29 hours of play on the 360, nor any freeezing. Actually I haven't really hit any bugs yet either except for one - a battle in Kirkwall ended with one enemy left and when the cutscene was over, he was there waiting to be killed.  

I was looking at the Lens of Truth on DA2 though and the tearing percentage is horrendous on the PS3. Like almost 9 percent horrendous. Then again I find that site always favors the 360 anyway so I'm not sure if they're to be taken srsly. But what you're saying seems to back it up

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.