Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age II

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 08, 2011

This sequel to Dragon Age: Origins features faster combat, a new art style, and a brand new, fully voiced main character named Hawke.

*SPOILERS* DA:O Cameo

QueenNadine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By QueenNadine

*SPOILERS*

I saw that there actually is that Alistair cameo I was hoping for (as king or as a bit of a bum depending on your choices).

I placed him on the throne in DA:O   and am into act 3 (just finished the quest with the 3 runaway mages and The Last Straw has popped up again). Is he still going to appear or have I missed him somehow?    

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By wrighteous86
    @QueenNadine: I think it's only if he's not the king.  He appears in The Hanged Man, drunk and talking about how he is the real king of Ferelden.
    Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Dallas_Raines
    @Wrighteous86:  

No, King Alistair shows up as well.
    wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By wrighteous86
    @Lord_Yeti: My bad.
    QueenNadine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By QueenNadine

Yeah there's a clip on Youtube for both King Alistair and Alco Alistair. At what point in the game does the king turn up, anyone know?    

Mechanical_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mechanical_Ape

I don't recall exactly when it occurs. I know it is after you help Meredith find the 3 runaway mages. You may need to do Orsino's first quest as well. Sometime after that, there will be a letter at your house saying that the King wants to meet you. I don't think you can miss it, but I'm not sure. Just make sure to check your messages frequently.

Also, if you didn't make him King, and didn't make Loghain a Warden, he will briefly fight along side you at the end of Act Two.

Buscemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Buscemi
    @Mechanical_Ape said:
     Also, if you didn't make him King, and didn't make Loghain a Warden, he will briefly fight along side you at the end of Act Two. "
    He never fought by my side. My game had two other completely unknown Wardens that didn't join the fight because they had some other important shit to do. Huh.
    Mechanical_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mechanical_Ape
    @Titus:  It's possible I'm wrong about that. I haven't experienced it myself, I was just told that is what happened if Alistair wasn't king but stayed with the Wardens. During my first playthrough it was the unknown Wardens as well, but I had made Alistair king in that save. Hopefully on my next playthrough I'll be able to find out if it is true or not.
    Buscemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Buscemi
    @Mechanical_Ape: Yep, seems like we made similar choices in the first one, Alistair came and visited me for like two minutes, before storming of to god knows where.
    PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By PhatSeeJay

I don't even recall bumping into him. Oh right that's because I was a dumbass and made Loghaine a Warden. Always thought about what was needed for the Wardens and not for Alistair... Fucking punk ran off with my Blood Dragon Armor.

Only person I saw was Leiliana a couple of times which was quite a shame. At least she confessed her love for the Warden so there was at least something that affected my DA2 game.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#11  Edited By Yummylee

I remember the excitement I felt when I got the letter asking me to meet him in the Keep! <3 Then I remember thinking how much of a dumbtruck he looked when I met him... his lips looked a lot more pursed than I remember.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SuperWristBands

Is there anyway to keep Alistair in Origins while still making Loghain a warden? I coulda sworn I kept Loghain and I know I kept Alistair.

Well, however I may or may not be remembering my choices from the first game I did meet Alistair in Lowtown. He was already in a battle as I approached. After I helped defeat the bad dudes he gave me a pendant and left. Also he would not have been the king.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Yummylee
    @Sasran said:

" Is there anyway to keep Alistair in Origins while still making Loghain a warden? I coulda sworn I kept Loghain and I know I kept Alistair.  Well, however I may or may not be remembering my choices from the first game I did meet Alistair in Lowtown. He was already in a battle as I approached. After I helped defeat the bad dudes he gave me a pendant and left. Also he would not have been the king. "

It's possible to have them both alive, with Loghain being made a Warden and Alistair exiled from Ferelden, just not both in your party during Origins.
    Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SuperWristBands
    @Abyssfull said:
    " @Sasran said:
    " Is there anyway to keep Alistair in Origins while still making Loghain a warden? I coulda sworn I kept Loghain and I know I kept Alistair.  Well, however I may or may not be remembering my choices from the first game I did meet Alistair in Lowtown. He was already in a battle as I approached. After I helped defeat the bad dudes he gave me a pendant and left. Also he would not have been the king. "
    It's possible to have them both alive, with Loghain being made a Warden with Alistair exiled from Ferelden, just not both in your party during Origins. "
    Okay. I was thinking they could both have been in my party. I guess I made Loghain a warden for the achievement and then reloaded to keep Alistair or something.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Yummylee
    @PhatSeeJay said:
    " I don't even recall bumping into him. Oh right that's because I was a dumbass and made Loghaine a Warden. Always thought about what was needed for the Wardens and not for Alistair... Fucking punk ran off with my Blood Dragon Armor. Only person I saw was Leiliana a couple of times which was quite a shame. At least she confessed her love for the Warden so there was at least something that affected my DA2 game. "
    Oh yeah, Leliana's like an all powerful Goddess now. Loved the part where she completely tore up the guards during the Sebastian 'Faith' mission. I admittedly saw it coming, but always so much better to see her in action that through your own inner-mind predictions. :P 

She's had the most effort put towards her over most party members at this point overall, what with her having her own prequel story and now looking to be a major figure for Dragon Age 3, if not whatever DLC they have cookin'.
    QueenNadine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By QueenNadine

So I finally got my bit of Alistair, must have been the highlight of my game so far. He did end up calling me to the keep, and while he kinda looked like he’s been scoffing a bit too much stinky cheese he still did out-charm the rest of the party in his 2-minute cameo.  Had to laugh out loud when he referred to my Warden as “the old bell and chain”- gotta love the guy!    

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#17  Edited By Daveyo520

It was cool seeing him and his kinglyness.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Example1013
    @PhatSeeJay: You can still make Alistair King and have Loghain become a Warden. You'd lose your armour anyways, though, because he leaves the party regardless.
    Buscemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Buscemi
    @PhatSeeJay:  What the fuck? Leliana is in the second game? She was my damn love interest and she doesn't show up? What a bitch.
    PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PhatSeeJay
    @Titus said:
    " @PhatSeeJay:  What the fuck? Leliana is in the second game? She was my damn love interest and she doesn't show up? What a bitch. "
    It's in the Exiled Prince DLC. And have you actually finished the game yet?
    Mechanical_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mechanical_Ape
    @Titus:  Alistair, Leliana, Zevrin, and Nathaniel Howe can all make cameos in the game. I think it is possible to miss all of them as well, except for one specific scene at the end.
    wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By wrighteous86

Yeah, I never met Nathaniel, I'm assuming because I didn't take my sibling into the Deep Roads?

Buscemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Buscemi

Yeah, I finished it alright. But I don't have the Exiled Prince DLC, so I guess that's why I haven't seen her yet. All that cursing isn't actually rage, just wanted to put that out there.

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By PhatSeeJay
    @Titus said:

" Yeah, I finished it alright. But I don't have the Exiled Prince DLC, so I guess that's why I haven't seen her yet. All that cursing isn't actually rage, just wanted to put that out there. "

But... The Seeker throws the book with the Legend of the Champion into the hands of Leliana. She's in the end cut scene. Unless you somehow managed to get her killed in Origins or something?
    Mechanical_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Mechanical_Ape
    @Wrighteous86:  It was the same in my first playthrough. I never met Nathaniel, I just heard he was in the game. From what I read, you need to talk to his sister. She is in the Chantry during Act 3. I didn't notice her, but I plan on watching for her during my next playthrough.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Yummylee
    @Mechanical_Ape said:

" @Wrighteous86:  It was the same in my first playthrough. I never met Nathaniel, I just heard he was in the game. From what I read, you need to talk to his sister. She is in the Chantry during Act 3. I didn't notice her, but I plan on watching for her during my next playthrough. "

She's not in the Chantry. She's around the corner on the right from your estate just after the opening Act 3 cutscene ends.
    Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#27  Edited By Vonocourt

I saw Alistair as the whole Qunari thing went down, but never saw anything about The Keep? Can anyone explain to me what happens?

Mechanical_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Mechanical_Ape
    @Abyssfull:  Do you mean back near where the brothel is? I know I went back there, because that's where you get the Zevrin quest. I'll have to pay more attention next time. I knew I was getting near the end at that point, so I rushed through Act 3 a little bit.
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#29  Edited By Enigma777

I dunno if I ran into a bug or something, but Alistair looked really bad in DA2. He looked like he was the DA character model, but with blurier textures on his armor (same for Teagan). Zevran and Liliana looked ok though (but don't bring Isabela when you meet Zevran, that cheating whore!)

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By PhatSeeJay
    @Enigma777 said:
    "  (but don't bring Isabela when you meet Zevran, that cheating whore!) "
    What? You missed out on the threesome? Poor bastard!
    Mechanical_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Mechanical_Ape
    @Enigma777:  You pretty much can't bring Isabella anywhere. Take her around the Docks and you'll get some interesting conversations from random NPCs in the area. Apparently there is a venereal disease named after her.

@Vonocourt: Which Keep? The Warden's keep in Amaranthine from Awakenings?
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Yummylee
    @Mechanical_Ape said:
    " @Abyssfull:  Do you mean back near where the brothel is? I know I went back there, because that's where you get the Zevrin quest. I'll have to pay more attention next time. I knew I was getting near the end at that point, so I rushed through Act 3 a little bit. "
    No, I mean literally just right around the corner, on the right side, from wherever you start off in act 3. I think she may be near the chantry, actually; near the two sets of staircases, where one acts as an exit from Hightown. She was the very first side mission I found as Act 3 began.
    Mechanical_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Mechanical_Ape
    @Abyssfull:  Wow, I really don't know how I could have missed that. I wonder if it had something to do with my save import maybe. Or maybe I was just that oblivious. Either way, thanks for the info. I'll have to keep an eye out for her next time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.