Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

Dragon Age: Awakening - Silverlite Mine Lost Gear bug warning!

lhaymehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lhaymehr

I can't give this warning without minor spoilers. So be warned.

When you enter Silverlite Mine all your gear is taken away from you as a plot mechanic. You get your gear back by escaping prison and fighting 3 enemies to get 3 sets of gear back. The last set of gear (main player char) and the misc inventory items are supposed to reside in a chest right outside of the room where the final boss is.

If you imported your character from Origins there is a large possibility that the chest will be empty and you loose the 4th set and misc inventory items. Apparently it happens because of some DLC items from the Origins campaign.  Which ones is still unknown. But for the reference I had Wade's superior Medium armor and Helm Of Honoleth, not sure about the weapons and jewelry, but they get lost too.

So be sure to save your game just before you transition to SIlverlite Mine! The game will not do it for you!

My only solution was to take clothes off of every char and put it in the storage chest, along with all the items and go completely bare-assed to the Silverlite Mine. The fight is much more harder with the few items that you collect before the boss fight (even on easy) but at least you don't loose any items.

chrjz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By chrjz

My main character gear was on an experimental subject just like my other characters' gear. I don't have any of the DLC though.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By AndrewB

Man, there seems to be a *lot* of bugs regarding character equipment, especially relating to DLC gained stuff. I really wish DLC had the quality control that a full retail product had. Make no mistake: Awakening is on the DLC spectrum of this, not expansion pack. Then again, looking back on the Baldur's Gate 2 expansion pack, there were also a ton of new bugs introduced :\

Oh, by the way, I didn't have this problem. Besides a bunch of my DLC equipment (mostly related to the the Warden's Keep DLC) just missing upon import, I was still able to recover all my other stuff from the chest at the end of the mine.

Avatar image for hcgjadeheart123
    HCGJadeHeart123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By HCGJadeHeart123

This is totally insane.  I lost some of my weapons when I imported my character and now I'm running around the Silverlite Mine with no weapons or armor at all.  I hope this silly glitch/bug doesn't cause me to lose more stuff once I get to the chest because I did not save my game before I went into the mine :-(  Also, the mines have been fairly difficult to complete as neither my PARTY or I HAVE ANY WEAPONS OR ARMOR lol.... I am having trouble getting past the first boss :P
    Shaanyboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Shaanyboi

??? 
    I found my stuff on an experimental subject, just like the others.  All my additional stuff like potions, gifts etc. was in the chest, yeah, but not my character's personal equipment.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Skald

Equipped items are found on the experimental test subjects. Your regular inventory is found in the chest.

Galbrezu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Galbrezu

Went through the mine totally fine, 3rd fight with the experimental subjects had 2 of them, one with Ander's gear and one with my gear. The rest of my stuff was located in a chest next to the Quanari merchant.

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By MikeFightNight

Yeah the whole import thing is a lil buggy in Awakening.  I did that part your talking about with no problem, but when I first imported my character I had some stuff missing.  However it did clone Duncans Dagger and Sword you get in the Return to Ostagar DLC.  It was weird, it made a clone of them in Dragon bone (Which i think is what they always were) and one of them in red steel.

Teran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Teran
    @lhaymehr: As others have said, my main character's gear was on an experimental subject.  I did notice an empty chest but as far as I know nothing was missing from my inventory, however I do dump it off into my chest fairly often.
    Avatar image for hcgjadeheart123
    HCGJadeHeart123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HCGJadeHeart123

Got all my stuff back from the test subjects finally and the chest near the mine exit :D
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#11  Edited By StarvingGamer

Not to dredge up this old chestnut but it seems like the bug causes the fourth experimental subject to not spawn at all. It just happened to me and since my last save was from 5 hours ago I think I'm just going to give up on beating Awakening and move on to Dragon Age 2. It's a real shame Bioware fucked it up this badly. Not game-breaking but certainly spirit-breaking.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.