Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

PC Retail Box

Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Nick

Does anyone know if I buy the PC retail box, will I Ibe able to type my serial code into Steam to add it to my steam account?  

I really like having all my games on Steam, but I also really want to get the retail box version and in the past I've bought the same game twice because I wasn't able to add my retail box version to my Steam account.
    NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By NickL

i believe it is possible to do this with all games that are on steam, but i dont know about this specific one.

Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Nick

No, there's a very small list of games that you can do this with. I just wanted to see if anyone knew whether or not Dragon Age Origins would be one of them.
    Crono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Crono

I know you can have it set to launch from Steam, but I think the add CD-Key option is for games that are packaged with Steam on the disc.  Also, the PC version of DA:O is gonna have a matchmaking system to form your hero's party so be careful XD

Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Nick

Matchmaking? wtf? Isn't this a single player game? Why would it need matchmaking and how would that affect the game being on Steam?
    MrGetBonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By MrGetBonus

O I c wut u did thar.

Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

#7  Edited By Savage

I know what you're talking about.  A select few games have a special arrangement with Valve to allow you to type your CD key from your physical copy of the game into Steam to register it, and Steam essentially gives you full ownership of the digital Steam version of that game (so that you can redownload it from Steam whenever you want, etc.).  

Here's the official list of games that can be registered on Steam:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?s=35999385bf7cf0c044760a004ae57fff&ref=7480-WUSF-3601

There's no mention of Dragon Age though, so I don't know if it will be one of them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.