Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

Return to Ostagar DLC, just now popping in

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

I was reading that this was available for XBox, however I didn't see it
    until today.  My Dad plays it on his PC & he also didn't see
    it until today for the PC version.  Odd.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By breadfan

I got it before it got taken off of the marketplace, a few weeks back or whenever it came out. It was pretty meh quality.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By AndrewB

And Return to Ostagar becomes just like any of the Fable 2 DLC packs. I've played their game to death, and now I've moved on. Especially given the reaction of people who have played it and said that it's nothing special, I've got no interest.

Fei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Fei

I got it through the in game downloads 2 days ago. Its great, some neat loot and interesting closure for Duncan and Cailan.

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By ToxicFruit

hmm Is do you just download it from their official website for pc ? because I am having some problems with that, they just take me straight to the buy bioware points which I have a bunch of. 

Dustpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By Dustpan

I hope they release another piece of DLC before Awakening comes out in March.

Verno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Verno
    @AndrewB said:
    " And Return to Ostagar becomes just like any of the Fable 2 DLC packs. I've played their game to death, and now I've moved on. Especially given the reaction of people who have played it and said that it's nothing special, I've got no interest. "
    Yeah pretty much.  I can't motivate myself to spend money to extend my gaming experience by 30 minutes in a 30-60 hour game.  This type of game needs expansions, not DLC.  Bioware in general has not done well with DLC judging by the initial offerings of DA and ME2.
    LordMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LordMuffin

Its only 400 MS points so its not likes its a big investment.  I got it but havent fired it up yet.  Heard its short but cheap so no biggie.

threeve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By threeve
    @Toxic said:
    " hmm Is do you just download it from their official website for pc ? because I am having some problems with that, they just take me straight to the buy bioware points which I have a bunch of.  "
    For PC you download it in game. 

I echo the attitude of some others here.... I paid $40 for the full game, and you want me to spend more than 10% of that to extend the game by 1%?  You could argue that it's extending it by more than 1% because it might be a stretch to some to spend 100 hours on this game (I haven't finished so I don't know), but if I want more content, I'll start a new character thanks very much.  Sure I want a new story, but I don't want a little snippet side quest story.  I want a complete story.  So yeah, I'd buy an "expansion" but I have hardly every sprung for DLC.  And my attitude about it will remain the same:  I wish less people would buy it, so it goes away.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
    deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I gotta say, this is the most lazy DLC so far. They just took the old map, slapped some snow and enemies on it and called it a DLC. It's not worth 400 points, more like 150.  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.