Should I get the Ultimate Edition or just the regular?

#1 Posted by wumbo3000 (943 posts) -

It's on sale on Steam this week and I'm really excited cause I've wanted to play this for a while now.  My question is should I get just the game by itself for 15 bucks or get ultimate edition for 20?  Are the expansion packs and awakening any good?

#2 Posted by endaround (2140 posts) -

Awakening for $5 is worth it.

#3 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

Yes get the ultimate edition. Awakening is good and most of the dlc is worth. Also for five bucks more you get a hundred dollars worth if content

#4 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

they are the same price in europe lol. but yeah get ultimate, awakening is great and another 15hours or so, and it has all 9 pieces of DLC, including the stone golem which adds the best character in the game (in my opinion)

#5 Posted by M1M1C (58 posts) -

BUY IT JUST BUY IT NOW! SERIOUSLY! AWAKENING FOR $5 IS LIKE AHHHHHHH SO GOOD!

I think i've made my point...
#6 Posted by dagas (2753 posts) -

5 bucks for the expansion and all DLC...there is really no question about it even if it's not as good as the original game. You might as well have it if you feel like playing more and even if it's not as good it's still pretty good if you like DA.

Like Rhaknar said they are both €15 in EU. I wonder who would not buy UE in EU =P

I really enjoy playing Origins again on PC even after having played it many times on PC. Better gameplay and graphics plus plenty of great mods make it an almost new experience. Instead of looking like an XBOX1 game it actually looks pretty darned good on highest settings. And I can max out the settings even with a mediocre €90 video card.
#7 Posted by AndrewB (7519 posts) -

I don't think Awakening is particularly good compared to the main game, but it's definitely worth the extra fiver.

#8 Posted by Enigma777 (6057 posts) -

Ultimate, hands down.

#9 Posted by Laksa (240 posts) -

thats weird, the ultimate edition isnt showing up for me on steam. just the regular and awakening

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.