Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Ball FighterZ

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Jan 26, 2018

From the developers of the Guilty Gear Xrd series of fighting games comes a more traditional tag-team fighting game adaptation of the Dragon Ball manga and anime.

An old discussion but I need to know. (fight sticks with Dragon Ball FighterZ)

zentheninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey I have been really enjoying Dragon Ball FighterZ a lot but I haven't really played a fighting game seriously in years and well this game has kinda turned it on for me in a way that no other fighting game has in quite a long time. I played through the main story mode just fine and have played a games with people online which was fun but I have been getting more and more frustrated with the PS4 dpad. So I have been looking online to see how much a fight stick would cost and deffinitly don't want to spend $200 on one. So anyone got any good reccomendations for a cheap fight stick? I already know about the $50 hori fight stick and just want to know if there are any other cheap decent choices out there. Thanks guys!

godlyone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By godlyone

I'd recommend the Qanba Drone, it's around $80 USD and a good entry-level arcade stick. You also should probably stay away from that 50 dollar Hori Mini since I've only ever heard bad things about it. But generally the best thing to do (if possible) is start off with a higher quality arcade stick since if you end up preferring to use a stick, you'll end up buying a more expensive one down the line anyways and you can always recoup most of the money back by reselling it if you decide to stick with pad. Either way, great to hear you've regained the joy in fighting games again, duder!

fnrslvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe consider alternative controllers with better D-pads? They ought to be considerably cheaper than stick for the most part, and if there's any game at all that's going to convince me to move away from my Elite to a stick, DBFZ is certainly not it.

Also I have nfi whether PS4 pads are particularly sucky for fighting games (that D-pad looks like a nightmare design for motions, but I wouldn't know), but you may just be hitting a personal execution barrier that can only really be overcome with practice, and interpreting it as a fundamental controller limit. I've certainly had the experience of thinking something was absurd on pad until I put some time in and it became consistent and second-nature.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

This is the stick I use for PS4 and PS3, on the cheaper side of sticks.

Loading Video...

bson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another good, cheap stick is the Hori real arcade pro 4 kai. Not sure how much it is in dollars but about the same as the qanba drone? Either way, it has good parts and you cant go wrong with it.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Any suggestions for a good Xbox One stick?

DuhMilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DuhMilla

The Hori Fighting Commander fight pad is what I use and it's awesome. I'm not a huge fan of fight sticks in general, so this is a good in between. Great d-pad and big face buttons in a six button layout.

kadaju86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inevpatoria: I'm a complete novice when it comes to arcade sticks really, but I just got the Hori Real Arcade Pro stick for Dragonball and absolutely loving using it so far. Build quality and such feels really good as well, so definitely worth a look.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@kadaju86: Right there with you. Complete novice. I'll check it out! Thanks!

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only played a bit of the beta, but it didn't really feel like a game that needs a stick at all. Honestly most games i don't feel like require one, unless they have a lot of full circle moves like street fighter (but only for those characters which i tend to avoid for that reason). Everything seemed pretty easy to pull of in Dbz, but I wouldn't know 100%.

I bought a hori fight commander for street fighter and it works incredible for that game, it's not a stick but a six button pad with an adjustable dpad. However i found that i only like it with street fighter(so far), injustice, MK and tekken i still enjoy the regular controller better. Didn't give it a shot for this one during the beta.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Other people in here have given a good amount of advice already on sticks. And if you want to get a stick just for fun or w/e hey knock yourself out but if you only plan on really playing DBFZ I might suggest you don't need one. DBZ is pretty darn easy to control as far as fighting games go on a pad.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hear the ones with Garfield on them are what the pros use.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.