Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 11, 2009

The most recent installment of the "Dragon Quest" franchise debuts exclusively on the DS. It features 4 player co-op and turn-based combat.

How long can you play? (rhetorical)

tutuboy95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

Edited By tutuboy95

After I finished the main storyline of Dragon Quest IX, and some side stuff, I unexpectedly got tired of it, and grabbed a Yu-Gi-Oh! game to satisfy my new craving. After playing through the story about 3 times, I got bored of Yu-Gi-Oh!, and when I went to a friend's house, he asked me to show him the "Slime Hill," a place filled with nothing but slimes, allowing you to find members of the Metal Slime family (who have high evasion and defense, immunity to magic, have the potential to run away fast, but give monstrous amounts of experience). So, I obliged him, let him into my world, and we went slime-hunting.

Then, when he left, I got a bunch of quests. Wi-FI Quests. The quests I normally can't get because my Wi-Fi is WPA instead of WEP. It surprised me that if I connected with someone who connected to Wi-Fi, I get their share of the quests and material to go bonkers.

Not to mention a treasure map.

So, my love of Dragon Quest IX rekindled, allowing me to double my original playtime of 60 hours, making me go through grottoes, level up more, take on these side quests (both in-game and Wi-Fi) and overall, have so much fun that I wondered why I stopped in the first place.

Has anyone else gotten tired of DQ IX and then jumped back in? From my point of view, it's hard not to.

tutuboy95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By tutuboy95

After I finished the main storyline of Dragon Quest IX, and some side stuff, I unexpectedly got tired of it, and grabbed a Yu-Gi-Oh! game to satisfy my new craving. After playing through the story about 3 times, I got bored of Yu-Gi-Oh!, and when I went to a friend's house, he asked me to show him the "Slime Hill," a place filled with nothing but slimes, allowing you to find members of the Metal Slime family (who have high evasion and defense, immunity to magic, have the potential to run away fast, but give monstrous amounts of experience). So, I obliged him, let him into my world, and we went slime-hunting.

Then, when he left, I got a bunch of quests. Wi-FI Quests. The quests I normally can't get because my Wi-Fi is WPA instead of WEP. It surprised me that if I connected with someone who connected to Wi-Fi, I get their share of the quests and material to go bonkers.

Not to mention a treasure map.

So, my love of Dragon Quest IX rekindled, allowing me to double my original playtime of 60 hours, making me go through grottoes, level up more, take on these side quests (both in-game and Wi-Fi) and overall, have so much fun that I wondered why I stopped in the first place.

Has anyone else gotten tired of DQ IX and then jumped back in? From my point of view, it's hard not to.

Alita_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Alita_99

I have over 250 hours into Dragon Quest IX, and I see no sign of my letting up anytime soon.  I've nearly completed all 120 original quests, and I have a significant portion of the extra quests released so far finished as well.  I even finally found a grotto map with metal king slimes in it.

If you're having trouble connecting to the DQVC, try changing your Wi-Fi to WEP for a little while.  I do it once every day, just to check out what's available for sale from Sellma, including some stuff you can't get by any other method.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

So if this is a rhetorical blog, do you expect no answers?

tutuboy95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By tutuboy95
    @InfamousBIG:  Nah, not really. Actually, I don't quite recall why I put rhetorical. ;)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.