Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dreamkiller

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Oct 12, 2009

Alice Drake, a psychologist solves her patients' mental issues by entering their dreams and literally murdering their inner demons. Developed by Mindware, the developers behind Painkiller: Overdose.

Actually not that bad, honestly.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Hamst3r

I've played Painkiller, Serious Sam and several other twitchy shooters.

Maybe I'm just in a good mood or something, possibly because it's free, but so far I'm enjoying Dreamkiller more than Painkiller. :)

I guess I should also note that I'm listening to a podcast while I play. I can still hear the game audio and stuff, but I'm not 100% invested into the game, so perhaps that's dampening the repetition a bit. That said, I still think it's "up there" with Painkiller as what's a basic and old-fashioned style of shooter.

I'm even thinking about buying it to finish it, though I'm halfway through it already. :P

nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By nanikore

You're a very bad person.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Rowr

i have 1.4 days left?

is there some kind of steam promotion on?

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4  Edited By Hamst3r
    @nanikore: You have no idea how right you are.

@Rowr: Yeah, free weekend. After that it'll disappear from your list.
    sjolle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By sjolle

ive played it a bit and i'd say its not bad but its not the best game evr ive played =P

but i'd say give it a try if it dosent catch ur interest leave it be =)

Ninjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By Ninjak

You're kidding, this is actually pretty awful. The weapons are the weakest pieces of shit I've ever used. The enemies are extremely repetitive as well and the levels are insanely long. I've never had a level I thought was going on for too long and desired to see its end just to get through like I have in Dreamkiller. It's so monotonous and uninspired. The story concept was great, going into dreams like a Psychonaut Psychologist, but the development team is just not capable of delivering even a pizza. This was disappointingly monotonous for even a mod, let alone a full blown professional game. The game could have had potential, if it tightened up and had some real designers behind it, but as it is it's too bland to even call uninspired.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.