Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dungeon Defenders

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Jan 13, 2011

Dungeon Defenders combines the loot-driven combat of an action RPG with the strategy of four-player co-op tower defense in a colorful world.

Dungeon Defenders

Drummerlp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Drummerlp2000

Following this game for a while it seemed to get a good bit of coverage but now that it's out, nothing. There are hardly any reviews or sites talking about it. Is it just because it came out at busy time or what? It's sad to see because this is actually a really good game and I'm afraid that it will be buried under everything else and the developers will see it as a failure and won't support it much. This is one of the best co-op experiences I've had in a very long time so i guess I'm just a little worried because i would love to see dlc and a bigger better sequel.

Corvall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Corvall

I think the timing is killing it. Holidays are a great time to put out a blockbuster physical release game, but not so great for a small-publisher digital release game. Even the people who know about it are probably thinking that they're just going to wait for BF3/MW3/Skyrim/Batman/Assassins Creed/other huge release rather than buying a game that they expect to stop playing in a week or two when their target game does come out. It's really too bad. I hadn't heard anything about it at all before it came out and I've been really impressed by it. I just wish my friends would pick it up!

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By SteamPunkJin

It really is a great fusion of ARPG and Tower Defense. This feels like what Trenched should have been - I love it!

Ketchupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Ketchupp

It's enjoyable.

ramboknife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By ramboknife

It has been selling like crazy on Steam for the past little while. It hasn't left the top sellers page, and it usually has about 18,000 daily players. So I wouldn't worry about it being a let down, pretty sure its already been a huge success for them and they'll probably keep supporting it.

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Deathshroud

I was going to consider getting the game but I had some unexpected bills :(

redbliss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By redbliss

I am just wondering if the leveling carries over on your characters to different matches so that the loot and experience I get in one match can be used in another match? I am just wondering because I can only play single player, and there is no point in getting the game if my leveling only persists within one single match.

Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Masha2932

I've just played the demo and i'm really enjoying it. I've reached the level cap (lv.10) on both characters on the demo and I was wondering what the level cap in the full game was. Also how many levels are there in the game? I'm tired of  seeing the same fire level in the demo. Otherwise this is a really fun game in co-op  and survival mode is really fun.The highest wave I've reached is 7, damn those ogres.

NyxFe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By NyxFe

@Masha2932 said:

I've just played the demo and i'm really enjoying it. I've reached the level cap (lv.10) on both characters on the demo and I was wondering what the level cap in the full game was. Also how many levels are there in the game? I'm tired of seeing the same fire level in the demo. Otherwise this is a really fun game in co-op and survival mode is really fun.The highest wave I've reached is 7, damn those ogres.

Max level in the actual game is 70. Also includes about 13 levels if im recalling correctly, three sets of four + a bonus level. Each level also has a "challenge" variant as well. Quite a bit of content in there, you won't be let down.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By ajamafalous

I really like it. Difficult ramps hard though toward the end.

Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Masha2932
    @NyxFe said:

@Masha2932 said:

I've just played the demo and i'm really enjoying it. I've reached the level cap (lv.10) on both characters on the demo and I was wondering what the level cap in the full game was. Also how many levels are there in the game? I'm tired of seeing the same fire level in the demo. Otherwise this is a really fun game in co-op and survival mode is really fun.The highest wave I've reached is 7, damn those ogres.

Max level in the actual game is 70. Also includes about 13 levels if im recalling correctly, three sets of four + a bonus level. Each level also has a "challenge" variant as well. Quite a bit of content in there, you won't be let down.

@CaLe:  
    That sounds great.Thanks for the info. This seems like a good value purchase for $15 dollars.
    Berserker976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Berserker976

I bought this when it came out and I've been really enjoying it, even opting to play it instead of Batman at some points. It's definitely a shame that it got so buried.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By ajamafalous
    @Masha2932 said:
    @NyxFe said:

@Masha2932 said:

@CaLe:  That sounds great.Thanks for the info. This seems like a good value purchase for $15 dollars.
    It definitely is. My roommate and I have already spent over 26 hours in co-op, and we're not even close to done with the game. If you like loot-/stat-driven games you'll love it. Constantly surprised by how good this game is.
    jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#14  Edited By jacksukeru

After playing the Demo I showed it to a friend and we're now playing through it together. I wouldn't call it great or anything but it's pretty neat and kinda fun in Co-op.

Drummerlp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Drummerlp2000

And it has a full achievement/trophy list too which is kinda rare (at least on ps3) if you care about that sorta thing lol. I know my friends and i are chasing the platinum. Between that and battlefield 3 my friends and i will be busy for a loooong time.

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Deathshroud

OK, so I was wanting to purchase this but did not have the money to do so . But I did make bonus at work sooo. Now I am reconsidering getting it . Is it worth 15 bucks ??

I need something to hold me over until Skyrim and because I am saving money to build a new comp Uncharted 3 is going to have to wait :(

StealthRaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By StealthRaptor

@Deathshroud said:

OK, so I was wanting to purchase this but did not have the money to do so . But I did make bonus at work sooo. Now I am reconsidering getting it . Is it worth 15 bucks ??

I need something to hold me over until Skyrim and because I am saving money to build a new comp Uncharted 3 is going to have to wait :(

I'd say it's definitely worth it if you have someone to play with. It's way better than I expected after seeing the quick look.

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Deathshroud

@StealthRaptor: well ..there is a problem I don't have anyone to play with :"( lol

StealthRaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By StealthRaptor

@Deathshroud: What are you talking about? Giant Bomb is filled with lovely, warm-hearted people who would love to be your friend if you just beg a little bit.

Or you can get a girlfriend and make her play like I did. >_<

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Deathshroud

@StealthRaptor: HAHA for now I will give the community a try sense my girlfriend broke up with me a few months ago . Not really on Dungeon Defenders terms at the moment .

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Deathshroud

Well I was going to purchase DD this morning and I find out that my Credit cad number was stolen . So my account is on freeze . This sucks!

Drummerlp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Drummerlp2000

Eh, my GF sucks at it so that might be a bad idea lol. But i've actually got a few new PSN friends thanks to this game. Just find a match or make your own and play with random people. We do at least 2 dungeons a night. Platinum here i come, only like 100 more hours to go lol :/.

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Deathshroud

@Drummerlp2000: Thats cool . I was going to purchase on steam but waiting for my bank account to un-freeze and I get my money back. I am super sad I cannot play right now though. I am burned on Dark Souls right now and need a break .

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jozzy

Aparently it was the most played game on XBLA last week so I'd say it's doing surprisingly good on that platform too. It's fun to play a game this relaxing after a couple of hours of Dark Souls.

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Deathshroud

@jozzy said:

Aparently it was the most played game on XBLA last week so I'd say it's doing surprisingly good on that platform too. It's fun to play a game this relaxing after a couple of hours of Dark Souls.

Tell me about it LOL . Can't you play with other across platforms or something ?

StealthRaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By StealthRaptor

@Deathshroud: I heard rumors that Steam and PS3 players could be matched together back when this game was first announced, but I'm not sure it ever panned out. I ALSO purchased this game because of Dark Souls.

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Deathshroud

@StealthRaptor: Hey Stealth , I just was able to purchase on Steam ( thanks to a buddy of mine) . I cannot wait to get started

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.