Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2010

Concept »

The 2010 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) took place at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California on June 15-17.

How Long Will We Have The E3 (The Big 3) in the Console Market

zonerover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By zonerover

Looking at the Giant Bomb home page it made me wonder something...

No Caption Provided
    Frankly even after Google searches I have absolutely no clue where the origins of the name Electronic Three came from, but my current interpretation comes from the fact that there are three major players in the gaming market - Microsoft (Xbox 360 and PC), Nintendo (Wii, DSi) and Sony (PS3, PSP).  How long will we only have three big players for? 

• Will something like OnLive become a big player (technically they're using PC software, but I'm sure if it works and they became a hit, a game could theoretically become an OnLive exclusive),
    • Will a big new player come in and shake up the market (Apple TV with Gaming?),
    • Or will someone just die and leave us with even less choice in the industry?

From a consumer point of view, I'm all for more competition to keep up the quality in the industry, but if we ever reach a situation where the videogame market becomes too diluted again, then the whole point of it would be in vein. I also wonder of the possibilities of some unified box that could run any game, but that's more of a pixy dust and unicorn tears vision than a legitamate reality (I guess the closest we'll ever come are multiplatform games that truely come out for every console).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.