Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Earth Defense Force 2025

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 04, 2013

The fourth mainline game in the Earth Defense Force series.

And...DONE! Got all 1000 points!

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

Over a year later, and I've finally completed it! All solo, by the way.

"But why?!" you yell at the screen. "It's so mindless and repetitive!" Well, I got really into fantasy audiobooks shortly after buying this game. After slowly making my way through some amazing books, rewinding whenever my mind wandered while listening, I realized something. As it turns out, this game is absolutely PERFECT for occupying the remaining 30% of my brain that isn't used and gets bored when listening to someone read me a book for a long period of time.

Obviously, this doesn't work with games where story is important or where dialog is a huge factor. Or where you have to, you know, think. So the games where I can use this surprisingly amazing reading method is somewhat limited. But where it works, it works better than anything I've ever tried with focusing my mind on what I'm listening to. If you're a natural multi-tasker (with ADHD) like me, I couldn't recommend it more. To a lesser extent, this also works with marathoning TV series. But the whole thing of trying to look at two screens at the same time can get a bit taxing

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I came on here to make you question your choices, but then I realized I'm doing the exact same thing with Time Clickers. I guess we're all living questionable lives...

ViciousReiven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I started 2025 earlier but shelved it because 4.1 is coming out with mechs and kaiju so... have fun replaying those missions?

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I started 2025 earlier but shelved it because 4.1 is coming out with mechs and kaiju so... have fun replaying those missions?

Oh it'll have to be a looooong time before I play through another one of these. I mean I just spent hundreds of hours on this one. Maybe in a few years. But when I do, then hey! More audiobooks! Without this game, I don't think I would've been able to trudge through the middle books in Wheel of Time

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
    citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@shadow said:
    @viciousreiven said:

Oh it'll have to be a looooong time before I play through another one of these. I mean I just spent hundreds of hours on this one. Maybe in a few years. But when I do, then hey! More audiobooks! Without this game, I don't think I would've been able to trudge through the middle books in Wheel of Time

Hundreds of hours? What was the hardest achievement to get?

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadow said:
    @viciousreiven said:

Hundreds of hours? What was the hardest achievement to get?

On its own? Probably getting all weapons. But the thing is, it's not really any given one that's hard. To get them all though, you have to beat each mission on each character, on each of the four upper difficulties (easy doesn't matter), none of which stacks with each other

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

@shadow said:

More audiobooks! Without this game, I don't think I would've been able to trudge through the middle books in Wheel of Time

Oh boy. Yeah, those middle books in The Wheel of Time seem like premiere audiobook material given the way they dragggggg.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.