Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Elite Dangerous: Arena

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Feb 16, 2016

A spin off of Elite Dangerous by Frontier Developments, this is the Close Quarters Combat (CQC) arena-based PvP mode from the main game, but as an independent downloadable title. It was pulled from Steam in 2017, and shut down in 2018.

Arena Free-to-Own for the weekend

GundamGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Hey duders, I'm a long time lurker, but I don't post much. I just wanted to let you guys know Frontier have made Arena free to own on Steam over the weekend. Since the mode has no bots, it's likely an attempt to boost player counts and lower matchmaking times. It's a decent way to try out the flight model and combat of the main game, and it does have both Oculus and Vive VR support, so in that respect it's similar to Eve: Valkyrie. Mostly I was wondering if Jeff would add this to the next VR roundup. I know he bounced off the main game really hard.

Source

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.