Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Oct 05, 2010

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West is an action adventure game developed by Ninja Theory and published by Namco-Bandai. A very loose retelling of "Journey to the West," Enslaved follows the story of Monkey and Trip as they attempt to cross a post-apocalyptic Planet Earth.

I've figured out what this game reminds me of artistically.

Avatar image for secondpersonshooter
    SecondPersonShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I had this faint air of familiarity during the first three chapters, but during chapter four it really hit me.

This game looks like what Final Fantasy X would look like on modern hardware.

Everything from the character design, to the environments, to the machines which look like the Machina straight out of FFX remind me of it.

Anybody else see what I see?  It's actually making me enjoy the game a lot more.

finstern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By finstern

Definitely the machina (thats what I've been calling the bots in this game anyways), not so sure on the characters other than Monkey who reminds me mostly of Wakka, but I don't think the other humans resemble FFX character design very much.

Avatar image for secondpersonshooter
    SecondPersonShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@Finstern: Well, I'm still early enough in the game that I don't really know any of the characters other than Monkey and Trip, but in the theater when the holograms pop up and act out Romeo and Juliet, the NPCs reminded me a lot of FFX.  It was actually what sparked this thread.
    vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#4  Edited By vigorousjammer

Trip's character design kinda reminds me of Rikku... although they have completely different personalities.

RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By RichardLOlson

Yes he does have a slight resemblance to Rikku.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.